User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Expired on: Wed, Jan 25th, 2012
    I was at my local RCSS store in Ottawa and they had a clearance on the mini travel size bottles of DOVE Men Body Wash. On sale for $0.94
    I had a previous tearpad coupon buy 2 and save $2 so, I got 4 for $3.76 - $4 in coupons = Overage of $0.24!

The coupon may of been for full size bottles but the cashier looked at them and said it was fine...maybe just good luck
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

says regular size on the back

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

The coupon says full size only!!!!!!!!! Sorry but this is why we have problems!!!!!!! We misuse coupons

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I don't care how good a deal is if it's unethical, I'm not touching it.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

4everplanner's trades
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yup only full size products I have a bunch of those and hoping to stock up for hubby when I see a sale

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

please keep your post to yourself what you used your coupon for was not for what u got and there for you and others are misleading people to use coupons inappropriately and this is the reason why there are more restrictions and less coupons out there

COUPONS FOR TRADING
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Yup, it's important that WE as consumers follow the rules. Using a coupon involves two agreements = one with the consumer and the other with the retailer. Both rules should be followed.
    It's okay to make mistakes, but you noticed it and then took advantage. That will tick many SCers off. :-(

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

yuck.

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Quponer View Post
    The coupon may of been for full size bottles but the cashier looked at them and said it was fine...maybe just good luck
    So.. if you passed the cashier a fake $20.. and he/she thought it was fine.. I guess you'd be ok with that too?

Ron.

Auto Expiry Helper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread moved to expired forum because following users marked it as expired: manzervite, ArmyWifeEdmonton, ChristieJ, shiningmoon.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ok, I cannot keep my mouth zipped here, you people remind me of pompous high-school kids!! It is obvious (even to a "newbie") that Quponer is new to Smart Canucks. I am quite sure she is not yet aware of your Smart Canucks 10 commandments, "code of ethics" or however you choose to label your list of "to do's" and "to don'ts". I loathe those who judge others, especially openly (isn't there an option on here to PM someone, not berate them on a public forum???) So, the way I see it, it is not OK to misuse a particular coupon, BUT, people are fine with posting pics of hundreds of "free" products in their basements/closets/etc. Hum, I am pretty sure, if I spoke with a J&J rep and asked him/her what coupons issued by a company are intended for they would say to entice someone to buy a product they have yet to try in order to gain a repeat customer...ie. ensuring future sales of their products. (ya know, I saw a $1 off coupon, thought, hey, why not try it and got hooked, therefore now a repeat customer, putting money in the pocket of the company) But no, us S'Cers...we cause a company to lose hundreds of dollars/year, because we have the system figured out, we do not even need to pay for things, in fact, if "we" are good enough, we can stockpile enough shampoo and body wash to do us the next three years and never have to pay a cent. Hum.......how much profit would a company lose if someone had 100 bottles of Dove stockpiled in their basement?? Let's see, at $3 a bottle guesstimate.........$300. Why?? Because they stole 10, 20, 30 tearpad coupons!!! Or sold "free" coupons, or what?? MISUSED coupons!!!!! C'mon, seriously, the newbie who intentionally, or unintentionally misused TWO freakin' coupons, costing the company $4, and she gets beat up and belittled, whilst the rest of you "more popular" couponers get high fives for pics of your stockroom???? Get real. There is so much useful info on this forum, but it SO reminds me of my former high school days, and I have no use for bullies, which you are acting like by judging someone so harshly. Look in the mirror, because I am CERTAIN you are not as honest/sincere/wonderful as you all want to believe you are.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

WOW!!!

Thank you "Scuffypup" !!! Your response is pricelesss....

To the rest of you, sorry I am new to this coupon-ing thing, and thought this was going to be helpful, hence i posted it.
    I didn't realize this would cause such a stir. My intent was not to misuse the coupon... I have seen posts on here that seem the same so didn't realize this being an issue.

Agreed if its a misuse, but didnt expect the bullybashing from the rest of the forum which That is also "unethical".
    Last edited by Quponer; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 01:13 AM.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I really don't like the tones used in this thread. There are better ways to nicely tell her if you didn't agree with the use of the coupons.

Thread Information