User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah I have been on here for the last 2 months but have never really posted. I made a huge post a couple of weeks ago but my browser went back and I lost it.

I found my way here through there maybe 2 or 3 months ago and come back daily ever since. Unfortunately I am not the most active poster.

I absolutely love this place for specific reasons. I feel strange being a 22 year old male going after couponing but the reality is my family is short on money, I am very strict with eating healthy, so I do my best to help out making sure groceries are the cheapest. The produce and staple list and all the flyers posted each week help me considerably every week. This forum is unique since it focuses considerably on food, one of the most important expenses. The coupons also entice me as well, even though I cant seem to get nearly as many as every person I see over here. I get the basic ones from online and the ones mailed to me, since Price Choppers and Freshco, the two stores I have regular access to rarely have manufacturer coupon tearpads and booklets.

Many times I want to pursue a trade for certain coupons but as someone who has never posted before, I know my credibility can and will be easily questioned. So I sort of just lurk here and read all the threads. I didnt want all my posts simply being thank yous to all the great threads to up my post count so I have simply decided not to post. It sucks because it has made me too embarrassed to pursue trades or inquiring about things Im trying to collect (LIKE a special K pin!) so I decided to finally take the plunge.

I appreciate a lot of the time and work people put in their posts and informing everyone on the deals. It helps me a lot every week and makes it easier for me to do weekly food shopping without having to feel so bad for eating healthy in my house and having to buy my own specific things. Sorry for the long post but just saying hi and introducing myself.
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo
    Last edited by AmberLab; Wed, Feb 1st, 2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: removed comp. name

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

lol.
    never apologize for a long post! It was a great read!
    Couponing is not age/gender specific - so don't apologize for that either!
    Check-out the 'adopt a newbie' thread here...

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/246823-...-2-0-a-canada/

try and get yourself adopted and your SC 'parent' will help you get set-up with coupons, trading and such...
    I was 'adopted' - best thing that ever happened!
    Made a new friend - am saving a ton of money, AND having fun doing it!
    Welcome to SC!
    Last edited by Joolz834; Wed, Feb 1st, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Superpoints is back! Click the link to give it a whirl!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    INSTAGC:
    Join InstaGC! Just like SB with search, offer walls, surveys and even music Many GC to choose from and payouts are instant!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Welcome!! Trading coupons is great!! Make a trade list and offer to post you end first and peeps will trade with you. Before you know it you will be a pro. Just start by making a trade list with all the coupons you know you will not use. Ones trash is anothers treasure!! Best of Luck!
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Welcome to the board!
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Students need to learn to save money early on, you've come to the right place. Being a guy is no reason not to use coupons or take advantage of sales.

We were all new once. Welcome!

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Welcome to SC, I'm easy to trade with if you ever want to trade alright!
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Lol love the honesty! Welcome!!
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    127 (100%)

Welcome You gotta start somewhere, so good for you to finally take the plunge

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am honestly speechless (not really, as you can tell from my really long messages).

I just posted one simple message and received two very nice pms and the 6 or so messages here, many of them offering me help when I have not even made myself known here.

I wish I had more to trade, so I don't know how useful it would be to post what I want, as I don't have very much to trade. Only the websaver, save.ca, P&G Brandsaver and 3 of the Smartsource flyers, along with a couple FPC Oasis Juice from the back of Nature Valley Bars. When I can manage to get more wanted or desirable coupons (the Liberte Yogurt I live on and Oatmeal thanks to you guys!), I would feel more comfortable asking for the things I might want.

Even simply by price matching every week at FreshCo, and using the few online coupons I get, I manage to impress my mom and brother very much. I also help out with other purchases other than food, trying to get the best deal. I do get embarrassed when my mom or brother make comments to their friends or mine, making it seem like I am this young guy who is cheap, but honestly stretching the money every week for things like food is important, especially when I'm trying to eat healthy and it's something we need.

I can't believe you guys have an "Adopt a Couponer" thread. I went over to read it and it is such a great idea but unfortunately I do not have 20 posts yet and I do not want to reach 20 posts by simply saying thank you in the threads I do use, so that will have to wait, but at least I'm posting.

I want to thank you again for all your welcoming posts. I've read them all and appreciate it. Both PM's I received were also incredibly sweet and I'm grateful you guys are so welcoming.
    Last edited by phenomanimal; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm a 25 year old man, we are definitely the minority on this site, but I still have a blast. And I know.most.female sc'ers would love to have a.man who loved to coupon lol !!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mastersaver View Post
    I'm a 25 year old man, we are definitely the minority on this site, but I still have a blast. And I know.most.female sc'ers would love to have a.man who loved to coupon lol !!

Hahaha, what's going on? Nice to not be the only one around here. Something tells me it's going to be a long time before I EVER feel comfortable letting the ladies know this is sort of a hobby of mine, because something tells me the lady SC'ers are the only ones who would really appreciate it.

I lived an entire year in Arizona, and that is probably when I started actually couponing or at least shopping for great deals. There was a blog based in Arizona: http://www.thecentsableshoppin.com/ and since it was local, I could always get the best coupons and prices. Its amazing how much cheaper it was to shop in the US, and the amount of coupons, stackable coupons, coupons that would count for double. It turned out almost like a game and I could get affordable groceries every week. It's unfortunate how much more expensive things are in Canada (especially things like Kashi Cereal!) and how much less selection there is.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Welcome there is no age beginning or limit! I'm only 17 and feel right at home

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

welcome!
    i'm 21, not a male...but still around your age and in University.
    It feels a little weird at first, but eventually you will start posting more, and it won't weird you out in the least...there a small group of us young 'adults' on SC! Make sure to look under the local tab for your area and you might be able to connect with other couponers.

If you ever want to do a trade let me know what you are looking for, and we can work something out. I do a lot of local trades (and am on a couple coupon trains on here <-- so much fun!) with a group in my area so I can always find a good home for those unwanted coupons! Not to mention if you don't have a lot of coupons you can trade for postage stamps or gift cards..ideally you want to trade coupons for coupons (imo), but stamps and GC's work well if someone has something you really want

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Welcome!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

welcome!! I get lots so keep an eye on my trade list and tell me what you want!!
    Im always updating! you missed yesterday I gave just under 200 coupons to a fellow newbie!! I may do it again soon so I will let you know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information