User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tmlskk01 View Post
    I joined smartcancuks three years ago when I was 19 and moving out on my own. my mom/grandparents have been using coupons as long as I can remember so of course I planned on doing the same to get by.\

Recently when I moved in with my boyfriend ( who also loves couponing thanks to me) we've had alot of his friends over when they ask about our stockpile we tell them all about coupoing and how much they can save. we also tell them about icoke and the movie passes/gcs they can get etc they all turn their nose up at the idea! what is wrong with saving money?
    Its for the same reason people don't want to shop at WM or Zellers for no name clothing but want to be seen wearing designer labels and brand names.

They want to be seen with a Iphone but will never use all the extra features..all they will do is text & talk which even a basic 30 dollar phone can do ..don't need an iphone for that.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

But...but...but...with an iPhone I can get all sort of Zynga games goodies on FB....

I have the phone with next to nothing...All I wanna do is make and recieve calls..i'm such a Luddite..
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Wed, Feb 8th, 2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: cos speelong an d me don't mic

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

SMRT Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I started couponing less then a year ago when I was 16. I was afraid to tell my friends about it because I was sure they would think I was stupid, even though I was saving money it was still really embarrassing to me. I don't know why, I think it had to do with the fact that people would know about it and judge me. But I did it anyways, I ended up telling two of my best friends, one of them supported it one of them said "that is stupid" right now the friend that called it stupid uses coupons all the time and gets more excited about them then I do. Talk about a 360.. I think it just has to do with pride because most people believe couponing is for 'poor' people, when really it isn't. Nobody realizes how much money you can save with coupons, and the people that think I'm stupid are really the stupid ones.. thats how I think of it anyways.

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Bai-Leigh you are absolutely right! The perception is that people that coupon are poor! I will tell my story again...I was in Walmart (I believe...good memory just really short) and I was using coupons, well a boy behind me asked his dad what I was doing and he said "oh she's in a wheelchair so she's broke and has to use coupons" I am too shy to say much but it's a nice feeling when I pay less than he did for a few of the same items!

Your right though, people percieve that couponers must be broke...truth is were richer cause were using coupons LOL!
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Holy smokes, what a terrible thing for that guy to say!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sorry.My knowledge is very poor.
    "Hold on and calm down,Nothing is impossible.You will be successful."-said by Abercrombie and Fitch.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It is not an age thing. Chris has a friend that is married with 2 young kids who never, that he knows of, uses coupons. As a matter of fact, she makes "fun of him" when he tells her he got this for this much and stuff....

Yet at the same time, she complains about how much in debt she is, how expensive things are etc. You would think with 2 young ones, she could use the millions of baby coupons out there but even when Chris offers them to her, she says "No thank you"... So he now gives his sister in law all of them because he knows that she will use them!!!

So it's not an age thing at all. As a matter of fact, I think that Chris' friend is really just jealous that Chris makes the effort to find the deals and gets them and she is still paying full price for everything!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I think sometimes, too that some people might find it a bit intimidating and complicated, which it sometimes is. I often have people tell me I am so smart and that they could never do that. And to tell the truth if saying even 1 year ago someone showed my one of my sales receipts with a subtotal of 00.00, I would have said, no way would I be smart enough to do that. I know one of my friends are like that big time. He is always complaining about not enough money, yet he will not even think about using a coupon himself but if we were to go shopping together and I had coupons for his items, he would gladly let me give them to the cashier for him.

In the case with him, too, a few times he was with me when I was shopping at Walmart and he had to go to the car because it was too stressful for him with me going through the check out with coupons and getting almost everything free. He acts very uninterest in coupons but it is not that, it is he just could not handle the stress that goes with it and the "not interested" is just a cover.

And others too, seems that they just would not want to be bothered with they work if they don't have too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm 17 and I started using coupons when I was 16 about 7 months ago. When I tell my friends about my deals they are always in awe. However, they are always too lazy to organize and keep track of deals. Some of my friends aren't willing to give out their addresses. Someone don't want a huge binder like I have. Most don't use their own money, so it doesn't matter to them. However, everyone is fascinated with Extreme Couponing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information