User Tag List

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

What has been everyone's experiences recently (like within the last couple weeks/months) using a coupon AND price matching? I looked on their website and #10 was this: We allow:
    Redeem coupons towards items that have been 'price matched' (per the guidelines of our price match guarantee noted in our weekly circulars).
    What does this last part mean exactly??
    Has anyone been able to price match AND use a coupon - could you please state which zellers store allows this? Also, if they gave you a problem, which store was it at? I don't care if they cut out the flyer, as long as I can price match and use a coupon as well!! I was told they didn't do that anymore, probably in november or so...but why do they still have it listed in their policy that they do allow it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i often go to the zellers downtown ! and i always have problems! i really hate price matching there but since its a 15min walk from my house i go there! i price matched there last week and went to the electronics counter (its always empty) i asked the lady if i could price match there she said yes! i said ok well here is the flyer she looked over it and was ok with it ! i handed her the coupon she lookd at me and said u cant do that its like stacking! i said yes i can i did it last week u can call ur manager and she will agree with me! she called the manager and instead of asking her she said this lady is price matching and using a coupon she cant do that! , she hung up the phone after talking with the manager ! then let me use the coupon!
    but she didnt say anything o sorry or anything she just said your total is .28cents!

sorry if my story makes lil sense !

i bought 4 cans of campells condenced stock which were .57 cents at gt (well there campbells products were on sale at least!) and i had two coupons that expired that day for 1.00wyb 2 campells product so thats why i only paid .28 cents

i have had many bad encounters with zellers staff a manager even told me i couldn't then i asked her for the policy and she had to call someone mins later the person on the other line told her i could and that they changed the policy! that lady lookd at me and said i was on vacation last week! ( i price matched days before that, thats why i told her i could!) every time i see that lady she always gives me dirty looks!

i dont hate zellers i have had many good cashiers that havent given me no problems but i have had allot more look at me dirty when i give them coupons!

meh no harm to me as long as i walk out of there with my item! i can always went to my boyfriend!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

your story does make sense lol. its a shame when cashiers like the one you had at electtonice dont want you to get a good deal. What was her reason for getting mad at you or the situation? NONE! As far as I know, in their policy you can price match and use a coupon...i just wonder if they changed this from NOT being able to a couple of months ago...here i thouight all this time you couldn't. Well you better believe i will be doing both as soon as possible!! LOL

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorressa View Post
    i often go to the zellers downtown ! and i always have problems! i really hate price matching there but since its a 15min walk from my house i go there! i price matched there last week and went to the electronics counter (its always empty) i asked the lady if i could price match there she said yes! i said ok well here is the flyer she looked over it and was ok with it ! i handed her the coupon she lookd at me and said u cant do that its like stacking! i said yes i can i did it last week u can call ur manager and she will agree with me! she called the manager and instead of asking her she said this lady is price matching and using a coupon she cant do that! , she hung up the phone after talking with the manager ! then let me use the coupon!
    but she didnt say anything o sorry or anything she just said your total is .28cents!

sorry if my story makes lil sense !

i bought 4 cans of campells condenced stock which were .57 cents at gt (well there campbells products were on sale at least!) and i had two coupons that expired that day for 1.00wyb 2 campells product so thats why i only paid .28 cents

i have had many bad encounters with zellers staff a manager even told me i couldn't then i asked her for the policy and she had to call someone mins later the person on the other line told her i could and that they changed the policy! that lady lookd at me and said i was on vacation last week! ( i price matched days before that, thats why i told her i could!) every time i see that lady she always gives me dirty looks!

i dont hate zellers i have had many good cashiers that havent given me no problems but i have had allot more look at me dirty when i give them coupons!

meh no harm to me as long as i walk out of there with my item! i can always went to my boyfriend!
    I used to live across the street from that Zellers and had so many issues when using coupons ! I don't know how many times they refused a coupon because it was .1c over

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

i asked that not too long ago, if there was a coupon that exceeded the amount of the item would they adjust it and they said no, because they wouldn't get reimbursed by the company (even if it was a smaller amount). do you think thats true?

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

it's so strange. In my case, Zellers downtown has been the best so far regarding pricematching and couponing. Almost all of their cashiers, customer service rep are always nice and coupon-friendly. It is definitely much much better than other Zellers I have visited, both in Winnipeg and in another province where I lived before (regarding customer service in general and treatment towards couponers). Their cashiers are also consistently well-trained when 99% of the time they automatically give me bonus points for using my own bags without my requesting or reminding, unlike most other Zellers. They are so good that I even trust in handing my shopping list and corresponding flyers and coupons to my man to pricematch, use manufacturer or Internet coupons and HBC bonus point coupons there without any worries.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

well I had nothing but headaches if I tried to use a coupon that was .1cent over...I was trying to use the $3 Iams and the bag was $2.99 ...wouldn't let me....other Zellers ..no problem...........but for reg coupons/ internet ect I had no problems I like the grocery part it is so big !! and very clean ! I miss living so close and taking the skywalk to get there !!!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

and what about superstore - will they price match and allow a coupon too? has anyone been successful?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    142 (100%)

I did a price match and used a coupon last weekend at the zellers on grant.

I price matched old spice deodorant and used the $3 p & g coupon.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Last weekend I went to Zellers and PM'ed and used coupons in Niagara Falls. I went to the customer Service desk first to ask and was told no problem. I was not even aware they did it at Zellers till I came here and read another post. I was so excited I blogged about it on my blog
    Help my FRIENDS Son get to Halifax. He just made the ONTARIO SPEED Skating team!
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/se...ifax/x/2470682
    I started my own blog for friends and family!http://tracyscouponexperiments.blogspot.com/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i have price matched and used coupons at superstore before had no problem the only thing the manager told me is they dont allow free items!
    that was funny min later i got 2 free toothbrushes! she didnt even notice!

i havent had any problems with free items at zellers the person gave the item to me but had to call a manager first

u just have to pick your cashiers i tend to go to younger cashiers they tend not to care as much

i always use my own bags and never had gotten bonus hbc points! hmm
    Last edited by lorressa; Sat, Feb 4th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

good to know about superstore...i have never tried price matching and using a coupon, but i want to try it and see what happens lol.

i HATE that if you go over $10 in coupons, you have to wait for a manager to override it!!!!

Thread Information