User Tag List

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I guess tec it is a new door but has two windows little side one and bigger one on the door part. Due to it being all metal knew it was going to be too hard to put up blinds so trying the Frosted Glass Spray. So me being very picky it dosn't look as even or pretty lol as I like. So my question is could I put over top of it the window peel thingys Don't know the fancy name for them but the film that covers the window...one do you think it would stick and two where would I find it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot, Rona, Walmart, Guess, Microsoft

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Why not, Hon? But first of all, can that spray be scraped off?
    In our former home we had one of those bathrooms with a window right in the tub/shower, and I put a sheet of that frosted cling-stuff on it and the house is over 30 years old and it's still there...no mold, no peeling, nothing!
    I also put it in one of our basement windows here that was awkward for a curtain rod and I love it! It lets in all the light, but still maintains my privacy! I feel like doing it to the other 2 sets of windows, too!

There's newer stuff in places like Home Depot that you use by spraying your window, then you have time to position the clingy-stuff, but it's way expensive! I just use the stuff on the roll in housewares from places like Walmart, carefully measure and cut, then peel a little at the top, place it carefully, then gradually keep peeling, and pressing down and it works perfectly!

And it's totally removable if you make a boo-boo! Good luck, Hon!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i used the sticky film on my windows.
    the stuff at Rona is literally peel and stick
    the stuff at home depot is the one you mist with water and then 'stick' on.

if memory serves me right, the rona stuff was cheaper. it's pretty sticky, and i would guess that it would stick to your wondows, even with the spray on that you have already applied.

i would try and scrape the oher stuff off first tho, because what will you do if you get the other stuff on and can still see the inconsistencies from the spray on? That said, there were types at Rona that were clear, but with various 'stamped' patterns. if there are inconsistencies from your spray on, they might not show if you use a patterned stick-on film.

i'm like you, picky with details, and i know if that happened it would drive me bonkers!
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Used the same clingy stuff in one window as well. I think it was with the shelf liners in walmart. Its clear with a frosted design on it. Its been in the bathroom about 5 yrs now,and still looks great!
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I used the peel and stick one on my bathroom window 7 years ago and it still looks great. Used it on a window at my mom's and it also looked great. Removed it when she moved and it peeled off easily once I managed to get the first corner started.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I learned about that window film from an acquaintance some years ago but would not use it on basement windows until some repairs got done first.

For the door window--have you tried using a tension rod (it can be expanded)? http://www.sears.ca/product/umbra-ch...243002-XXX-S01
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

how the heck is this shopping???????????????????

Thread Information