User Tag List

Anjillica
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning I'm a happy gal today! Just hit up SDM and redeemed $200 for anything in the store. Non cosmetic items were- juice boxes, crackers, milk, v8, baggies, fabreeze, diapers and a few others. I went to the cosmetic counter before and asked and was told its anything in the store. Makes me wonder if it is upto the cashier or the tills. Whichever way though it worked. Planning to go tomorrow as well to take advantage of the sun/mon specials for another redemption. I DID have a fair bit of cosmetics in as well

*******on another note******* when my optimum card was entered, it displayed and error and the cashier had to call customer service. They said I had to register a new card as someone had tried to transfer my points, so they froze the account. I was told that it was a call in attempt, but the "customer" who was pretending to be me could not verify my personal information. Thank goodness for that. I've been working very hard to collect what I have and my family beset would literally be devastated if they were taken. Here's the scary part. I have NEVER EVER traded or given my point number to anyone EVER. It's kept in my safe until I use it. The only people that have had access to my number are the cashiers. I am not blaming of course!!! But it does make me worry. So please be extra careful!!!! And thank goodness for SDM protecting my points!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

WTG on redeeming your points!

Sorry that you had problems with your card but thanks for the warning!
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Awesome brag!

I am so Sorry that you had problems with your card.

Thank you very much for the warning!
    Last edited by hcao; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

WTG...glad you could redeem for anything....
    Great that Shoppers caught that before loosing your pts....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good job on the redeeming! I don't even have that many points to worry about redeeming!

As for your points issue, just another reason that Shoppers has to SERIOUSLY look at the way they operate their program. I know I don't look around that much, but I have not heard this happening with other loyalty programs such as Sobeys, Air Miles etc.

Theft of points, or in your case, attempted theft is happening way too often it seems! And the sad thing is, it also seems that Shoppers really doesn't care much about it!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Anjillica
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post
    Good job on the redeeming! I don't even have that many points to worry about redeeming!

As for your points issue, just another reason that Shoppers has to SERIOUSLY look at the way they operate their program. I know I don't look around that much, but I have not heard this happening with other loyalty programs such as Sobeys, Air Miles etc.

Theft of points, or in your case, attempted theft is happening way too often it seems! And the sad thing is, it also seems that Shoppers really doesn't care much about it!

I'm not sure how it use to be because I just started in October 2011, but after reading some of the point issues around Xmas, I tried to be extra careful. I'm thinking that the action they took to freeze my account is part of SDM being aware and taking action about their point program. Regardless of issues, I <3 SDM

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post

Very well said!

+1

Thread Information