User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So I know Argyle is getting a Super Walmart, Walmart will be in the Northland Zellers. Target will be on the Southside? Any other changes? Any idea when the changes happen? I have my prescriptions at NL Zellers - will there be any Zellers left or i will have to switch to Walmart or Zellers?

What's the scoop people?!?
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Walmart, Zellers
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wlJjBq4/]

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

I am not to sure about the changes but it's good to hear Northland will get Walmart. To me, the only closest Walmart is on Hyde Park so this will be much closer.

Since we are talking about the latest scoop in London , wasn't Forever21 supposed to be opening this month in Masonville or was it March? I have been eagerly waiting since last year!

Also (this may be old news) but I went to Walmart Supercentre on Hyde Park and noticed La Senza closed. I wonder why? I guess the next closest is Masonville, but I found the outlet had such a bigger selection.
    Redeem $5 Amazon gift cards every week! Just SEARCH & WIN!
    Join Swagbucks:
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/julyprincess

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snow00774 View Post
    So I know Argyle is getting a Super Walmart,
    Could I ask how you know that Argyle Walmart is becoming a Super Walmart?
    I ask because I was there yesterday and separately asked two Walmart employees and one mall employee and they all said the same thing.

The mall is rebuilding for no small mall stores and no internal hallways.
    There will be several larger external strip mall stores, and Winners and Walmart will remain in their current same places and same size.

I am not claiming that either of us is right, just trying to find out what is really happening.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julyprincess View Post
    I am not to sure about the changes but it's good to hear Northland will get Walmart. To me, the only closest Walmart is on Hyde Park so this will be much closer.

Since we are talking about the latest scoop in London , wasn't Forever21 supposed to be opening this month in Masonville or was it March? I have been eagerly waiting since last year!

Also (this may be old news) but I went to Walmart Supercentre on Hyde Park and noticed La Senza closed. I wonder why? I guess the next closest is Masonville, but I found the outlet had such a bigger selection.
    hey ,
    so la senza closed a bunch of stores recently.
    I work under the the company that owns them, and my boss told me the express store in white oaks got a whole weeks notice that they were closing. white oaks has one store, as does masonville.

I think they tried to over saturate the market. white oaks used to have a la senza, la senza express, la senza girl and la senza spirit. couldn't they sell it all under one store really?

only the stores that were doing well got to stay!

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

It is my understanding that both Westmount and Masonville Zellers will be Target and Huron and Highbury Zellers will be a Walmart. Most Zellers are expected to close in July 2012 so that the renovations can begin for grand openings in the spring of 2013.

As for Zellers they have said;

"Some of the remaining 59 stores will be sold to other retail enterprises, while some stores in specific locations where Zellers is dominant in the community will be retained' ~~ HBC spokesperson Freda Colbourne said without giving details on locations.

So there is really no indication as to whether or not there will still be any zellers in London ~~Although I have a feeling probably not since they really seem to be struggling here over the last couple years.

Here is a few links to more info about the changes if anyone is interested

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...io-stores.html

http://www.thelondoner.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2928022

Also Target announced a couple days ago that most Canadian stores will have a Starbucks in them as well

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2339935/
    Last edited by jemwars; Fri, Feb 17th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

There is still 1 Zellers that is unaccounted for. Don't know for sure anything, but haven't heard of any changes yet so ho knows. But there is also the Zellers on Commissioners Rd @ Pond Mills (near Highbury exit). It isn't on any lists yet as to Target/Walmart, so I'd think it might stay Zellers!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so whats happening to Winners?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matchstix View Post
    hey ,
    so la senza closed a bunch of stores recently.
    I work under the the company that owns them, and my boss told me the express store in white oaks got a whole weeks notice that they were closing. white oaks has one store, as does masonville.

I think they tried to over saturate the market. white oaks used to have a la senza, la senza express, la senza girl and la senza spirit. couldn't they sell it all under one store really?

only the stores that were doing well got to stay!
    Oh I didn't realize (or maybe never noticed) La Senza Express or Spirit. It does make sense to have them under one store. The Hyde Park had La Senza girl in the same store but they closed it and now they just close the entire store. I love La Senze, so sad to see it go.
    Join Swagbucks:

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julyprincess View Post
    Oh I didn't realize (or maybe never noticed) La Senza Express or Spirit. It does make sense to have them under one store. The Hyde Park had La Senza girl in the same store but they closed it and now they just close the entire store. I love La Senze, so sad to see it go.
    yeah the express store is right across form laura secord ( or was) and then the la senza girl was near the santa place in the centre. the la senza spirit is now bath and body works home fragrance, right outside of walmart.

It really made no sense for them to pay rent on 4 units in one mall, no wonder they had to close some.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so whats happening to Winners?
    According to my three seperate sources, from a few days ago- the Argyle Winners will not be changing at all.

I am not saying they are right- I would like the real scoop.

I hope to shop at Argyle tommorrow, so I will ask more questions.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    According to my three seperate sources, from a few days ago- the Argyle Winners will not be changing at all.

It's a holiday today. and stores are closed.
    Can't say when I will get back to Argyle mall.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Disappointed Lasenza at hyde park is closed. It's one of few lasenza where i can say I liked the staff and where they carried a good selection of smaller bras.

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunny3 View Post
    Disappointed Lasenza at hyde park is closed. It's one of few lasenza where i can say I liked the staff and where they carried a good selection of smaller bras.
    Me too! On the brighter note, now I am excited to find out what opens in that location. Maybe Victoria Secret?? I wish!!!
    Join Swagbucks:

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post

Recently, I spoke to several managers at the Argyle Walmart regarding price-matching and coupons, as well as the future of that particular store.

None of the managers honestly have any idea of changes to that particular location.
    They admit that, as Argyle Mall has closed down in March for renovations to become larger strip mall stores, rumours are flying faster than ever, but no official at head office has informed them of any changes.

Winners was closed on Friday, but that appeared to be temporary, as mall staff worked on the interior mall hallway.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Thread Information