User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi Everyone,

I have some FPCS and HV coupons I want to trade and am wondering how to determine what to ask value-wise in return. For example, I have the Stouffer’s FPCs I got from the last promo. Their listed maximum values are $3.99, $5.99, and $8.99. What’s fair to ask/expect for these coupons? And if I’m looking for gift cards in return, how does that affect things (if it does)?

Also, I have a J&J Free Replacement Product coupon (the one that’s good for a Band-Aid, First-Aid, Polysporin, Rembrandt, etc.) that has no maximum. How do I set the value for that? One person says we would trade for equal value, but the value would depend on the product you use it for: Rembrandt sells for about $40, I think, Rogaine for about $70, but Band-Aid and Reach products are probably about $5-$6 regular price. So wondering how do I calculate the value of this coupon?

I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 05:29 AM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Have you seen this thread ? That should help start the gears goin'

I've shyed away from trading FPCs before for this very reason, and I find the process stressful

I'm sorry I can't offer help on the products you mentioned as I never purchase them, but the way I've had an experienced SC'er explain it to me is: A reasonable assessment is not to trade them at max value but to assess what price the product would be on sale, then take that value and double it if trading for regular coupons. The values for GCs are posted in that thread as well.

Hope that helps a bit

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I would think the value would be based on what are they worth to you? and what would the market bear?

For example, if I had a HV or FPC for Rogaine with a market value of $40 and have absolutely no use for it, but desperately need baby coupons, well, I would be very inclined to trade for equal $ value in coupons or even less. The FPC has no value to me (it is a piece of paper) if I can't use it.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

If I'm trading FPCs for GCs, I ask 20-25% of the in-store cost (not necessarily the max. value of the FPC). For example, if I had an FPC for Dove shampoo, I know the average price is in stores is about 4-5$. I would expect 0.75-1$ on a GC in exchange.

Your J&J Free Replacement Product coupon, that one is a bit tricky. What would you buy with it if you were to use it yourself? I'd ask 20-25% of the value of that product or, even easier for me, I'd rather trade for another FPC that would be useful for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    I would think the value would be based on what are they worth to you?
    This is why I do so many raoks, lol. Most don't have any value for me. I'd be happy to trade some high value FPCs for butter coupons. And if I've spent some time looking for coupons I need and can't find them, I just give the FPCs away before they expire (can't bring myself to waste them!)
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I personally try to trade FPC for FPC and don't put a HV on coupons unless it's a rare or a hard to get coupon.I can't comment on the J & J Replacement coupon as i have never had one to trade.I just trade for coupons that i can use
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I'm mostly like Georgiak or snuffaluffagus, I RAOK the FPCs I don't need...

But in same time I use mostly all the FPCs I've got. I didn't do alot of facebook promo or thing like that, so my FPCs are often on product I usually buy or chose to buy because the FPC is an extra plus for me and is a product I use... I like the way Kellogg's decided to do the "share your breakfast" promo this year, this way we could buy the cereal box we want (flavour) and choose the FPC we want on the internet website after

I know some do like a small "store" of coupon in trading section... I was also more active on trading coupon when I started on that forum, but this is diffrent now for me. I'm more looking for coupon and product I really want, focus on the needs and habits of my family. So I try to pass coupons to people able to use or need it.

You remember silk when I send you the Neutrogena clinical MIR? I was having no use for that coupon, totally piece of paper for me... and I was not knowing about Pharmaprix/SDM opportunity at that time (I was not having optimum card at all)... I saw after why lot of people were asking for so many $value for that MIR!!! I send it to you this MIR for few coupon useful for me at that time... After I saw what other people have done at SDM with this MIR (buy the product on 20X, rack the pts, send the MIR, get money back by manufacturer, ect)....

What is a fair value for FPCs or HV? All this go with the way you use it and if you choose to do a business with your coupon.

Myself I try to decrease at the max my grocery out of pocket... but I don't want to do a business of trading coupon. I prefere to give to the next one able to use it.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I don't tend to have a lot of FPCs either and if I do trade them it is usually for amother FPC. The challenge with assigning a Value always seems to come down to the ' on sale' price of a product. The Dove FPC is a perfect example. While a previous poster values it at $4-$5 I find never pay more than$2.99 for Dove products. I would never expect any trade to give up a Dove FPC for $.75, though. I would instead feel a trade fir another FPC would likely be best for both parties.

If I am trading an FPC or HV coupon for regular coupons all I really care about is that I get coupons I can use. So a $10 FPC for $10 in coupons I know I will use us fine with me. After all both traders save $10 OOP and all the coupons get used
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Double post
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Someone offered me on another forum 1 book of stamps for 12 Sunlight detergent FPCs. I said no thanks. Then she PM'ed me again and offered me 2 books of stamps for 12 FPCs. Yeesh.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Now that is just crazy!!!!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Someone offered me on another forum 1 book of stamps for 12 Sunlight detergent FPCs. I said no thanks. Then she PM'ed me again and offered me 2 books of stamps for 12 FPCs. Yeesh.

Well there are people out there who want something for nothing
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I don't trade for these but I'm eternally curious.. how much are Sunlight FPCs worth ? I'm asking because I remember picking up a few boxes of Sunlight at Maxi for 1$ (sale price was 3$). Mind you, I know powder is a lot cheaper than liquid detergent.

MY WISHLIST

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

The Sunlight is a little tricky depending on the product you use it for. Example, if you buy the Green (eco) Sunlight, that one I find rarely goes on a "steep" sale so for someone who wants that particular product, the max value on the FPC ($9.15) will mean more to someone using it on powder or even regular liquid. This, of course, is not taking into account if you find the item on a liquidation Also, I believe the regular liquid Sunlight goes on better sales in other provinces like Ontario. I know just this past wk, the Sunlight was something like $2.44? $2.77?...So if you wait for a sale like that, then the FPC is not worth much.

Another aspect to consider is for people like us in QC who can use a FPC and still rack up "bonus" points in places like Metro. I do take that into account when I offer someone something for their FPC because I know I can walk into Metro, disregard the price and buy it/still get points for it so it's worth more to me in that regard. Same for people in Ontario and Sobeys points.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Thanks for the insight... $9.15 for laundry soap Puts a new perspective on how cheap I am, MOST I've ever paid is 3$.. but then again, I'm not picky about the brand. Still, useful information, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    The Sunlight is a little tricky depending on the product you use it for. Example, if you buy the Green (eco) Sunlight, that one I find rarely goes on a "steep" sale so for someone who wants that particular product, the max value on the FPC ($9.15) will mean more to someone using it on powder or even regular liquid. This, of course, is not taking into account if you find the item on a liquidation Also, I believe the regular liquid Sunlight goes on better sales in other provinces like Ontario. I know just this past wk, the Sunlight was something like $2.44? $2.77?...So if you wait for a sale like that, then the FPC is not worth much.

Another aspect to consider is for people like us in QC who can use a FPC and still rack up "bonus" points in places like Metro. I do take that into account when I offer someone something for their FPC because I know I can walk into Metro, disregard the price and buy it/still get points for it so it's worth more to me in that regard. Same for people in Ontario and Sobeys points.

MY WISHLIST

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thank you to all of you who posted your ideas and suggestions. So many things to consider <sigh> I guess I was thinking GCs because being vegetarian limits me when it comes to coupons I can use. I like the idea of trading FPCs for other FPC where possible - hadn’t thought about that – and I have RAOKed HV coupons and FPCs to customers at the supermarket. I love the reactions when I do that.

If I had more time I would track the FPCs and HV coupons that are available. I just found out there’s a $2 wub 2 dozen eggs coupon! Meanwhile I was just happy to have the $1 one!

Thanks again, everyone!

Silk

ETA, I just now checked out the link you posted, Tbites. Looks like it could be helpful -- thanks!
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Have a great life!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information