User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I am currently going through tests with my Family Dr and awaiting an appointment with my Neurologist due to a rapid pulse rate that I've been experiencing. Normally I'll notice that my heart seems to be beating quite fast and at that time I will check my blood pressure and record it down, well early this morning was the scariest episode yet. I was laying in bed at 1am and it literally felt like my heart just stopped and then started again, so I got my husband to grab the blood pressure monitor to see what was going on, as I suspected my blood pressure was low at just 92/64 and my pulse was really high at 141 bpm, tachycardia. Great. My husband felt my chest and my heart was racing and just pounding so hard.

My EKG's and blood work for Potassium, Magnessium, Sodium and Calcium have all come back normal so my Dr doesn't think it's a cardiac or electrolyte issue but it also doesn't mean it isn't. I'm so worried that I'm going to have a stroke or a heart attack when my pulse gets so high while I'm waiting for more freaking tests to be done. It doesn't help that I have 3 diferent infections running through my body right now either as infections can affect your heart. Grrrrr. IF this happens again where it feels like my heart is actually stopping I will be going to the hospital no questions asked, as of now I'm just walking into my Drs office tomorrow and not leaving without a referral to an Internist and/or Cardiologist as I don't want to sit and wait until Feb to meet with my Neurologist.

What a way to start off the New Year.

P.S: This really is just a rant. I'm cranky, sore and frustrated, but let's not forget: STUBBORN!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Feb 14th, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Went to my Dr today and the verdict is: Sinus CT Scan to see if there is an underlying issue to my severe Sinusitis, and I get to wear a Cardiac Loop Monitor for 2 weeks to see what's going on with this freaking ticker of mine! Grrr.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Tara, hope you get some answers from the Docs, take care!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty77 View Post
    Tara, hope you get some answers from the Docs, take care!

Thank you I got a call today and get fitted for a Cardiac Loop Monitor this Friday and have to wear it for 2 weeks *sighs* I've had 3 episodes today already and quite frankly I'm scared to fall asleep because that's when it happens, when I'm laying down and relaxed.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Tara, try sleeping semi-sitting-up lots of pillows, hope all goes well, take care!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

My thoughts and well wishes go out to you
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty77 View Post
    Tara, try sleeping semi-sitting-up lots of pillows, hope all goes well, take care!
    Good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that! LOL I have a sleep wedge that I used following my surgery as I had to be elevated so I used that last night, it isn't the most comfortable but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    My thoughts and well wishes go out to you
    Thank you so much, I just want answers, I'm NOT a patient person! I get fitted tomorrow for it and I get the DE-LUXE model that transmits results through my telephone line and I speak to an on call cardiologist when it's happening to see what's up! I THOUGHT my EKG results came back normal but it appears they didn't come back at all, Grrrr. So with my having these "episodes" several times a day right now, I should get some answers tomorrow.

I WILL be healthy. Some time. I swear.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You're always in my prayers, Sweetheart...I hope your cardiologist gets to the bottom of this! You poor kid......

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    You're always in my prayers, Sweetheart...I hope your cardiologist gets to the bottom of this! You poor kid......

Thank you Lynn I'm going into day 3 as a cyborg and my monitor only has 2 recording spots left and they don't open until 9am tomorrow for me to transfer data to them. *sighs* As of now I'm sitting at 29 irregular recordings since Friday afternoon, so my heart is doing something but I have no clue as to what.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Jan 8th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tara, I know it's easy for me to say "try not to worry", but even stress can cause heart flutters...I've had something like that all my life...wore monitors...the whole shebang, and here I am at 62, still having them, and although they certainly may not be what you're going through, just ....don't worry too much or imagine things...some things are just very simple problems....Blessings...Lynn...

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Tara, I know it's easy for me to say "try not to worry", but even stress can cause heart flutters...I've had something like that all my life...wore monitors...the whole shebang, and here I am at 62, still having them, and although they certainly may not be what you're going through, just ....don't worry too much or imagine things...some things are just very simple problems....Blessings...Lynn...

Oh Lynn it's always easier said than done BUT it's still good advice! I'm trying not to stress/worry but physically I feel beaten down and the fact that my Father died of a massive heart attack when he was 49 after having 3 previous heart attacks, well it spooks me. The only thing that I KNOW for sure is that I'm experiencing TachyCardia (rapid heartbeat) which can lead to stroke or heart failure, my resting pulse is consistantly around 110-130bpms, but WHAT is causing that is what they want to find out.

This definately isn't how I wanted to start the new year out.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Jan 8th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh I know how those rapid heartbeats feel like...they feel like your heart is about to jump out of your chest, don't they? And you feel so out of breath just doing nothing! You try to relax and tell yourself you can just stop it from happening if you could just RE-lax! But nothing helps. Even laying down doesn't help.....I'm so sorry you're going through this, but evidently you're in good hands, and remember...there have been so many advances since our Dads passed away from their heart-attacks...we're much better monitored now and meds have come a long way!

I hope you get answers very soon, Sweetheart....

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh Lynn ya know that's often how it feels! Unfortunately today I started feeling pain around my heart and when I'd check my blood pressure my pulse was REALLY high. I of course am worried that it's angina and well worried because angina is often brought on due to a cardiac issue but of course it can also be a neurological one. *sighs* I'm falling apart piece by piece and I do NOT like it!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Just got back from being in the ER all night *sighs* I went because I couldn't breathe, I was gasping for air lastnight. Good news is that I don't have blood clots in my lungs, bad news is that they don't know what is causing this and I have to wait for the results from my cardiac monitor to hopefully figure it out. The EKG they did was clear as was my bloodwork so now I continue to wait.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm going through the same thing Tara, when I get my day surgery over with this month, I am getting everything checked properly cuz my heart skipping beats and beating rapidly off and on is really scary.

I hope its nothing big for us both Tara!
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information