User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

That's really too bad that he got the pox. I had it when I was about 5 and remember it clearly. Still have the scars to prove it. My DH had NEVER had the pox and the doc tested him for antibodies and he had ZERO! So before the kids could get their vax he had to get one too, as it can be very severe in adults and result in death.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My kids have all had chicken pox. My daughter got it just a month before starting school. She was exposed I don't know how many times and still didn't get it. (she never had the vaccine since they didn't offer it at the time) Her one brother was 6 months at the time and didn't get it either. He waited until the worst time in the world to get it. Just 3 days after we had a house fire!!!!!!! Two weeks later my youngest got it and had it bad. He has spots every were. He didn't get the vaccination due to heart issues at the time.

Hope your little guy feels better soon. Not fun being so itchy.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Took him back to daycare today as he's ok now. Learned from the teachers that others had it too and their doctors were unsure whether it was the pox or hand, foot and mouth disease.
    I'm now thinking that DS had this instead of chicken pox. He did not have spots on his body or head, just around the lips, arms, hands, legs and feet. Spots were smaller. He drooled a lot which is a sympton of HFMD.
    My nephew has more symptoms associated to HFMD as he can't eat/swallow due to sore throat or mouth. His doctor also could not be 100% sure whether it was chicken pox.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i was exposed to chicken pox so many times when i was little and never got it. then when i was 16 i was in this guys house for like maybe 10 minutes and the next day he came out with chicken pox and i did soon after getting chicken pox when you are 16 is sooo terrible! i had them everywhere and i got scars even tho i didnt pick. my nephew was 4 at the time and he got a mild case from me and then got a more severe case a few years later.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I caught the chicken pox when I was 6, wasn't so bad. It itched, I think I have one scar, but I knew better than to pick at them at that point. My daughter hasn't caught it yet, she did get vax (if I could change that, I would) so who knows. Hopefully if she is going to catch it, it's soon. Hope your little dude is doing better
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information