User Tag List

ca newbie
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Hi,

I just wanted to know how much everyone in Red deer is paying for cable,internet and phone.

We are with Shaw....and pay $150...well sometimes over $150..sometimes little under $150 as we call toronto twice a week and sometimes rent a movie from them.

We are a single income family and We feel that we are paying alot of money so..I thought I'll ask my local SC family if they know of any other company that can provide us a better rate.

Any help/tips will be appreciated.Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shaw internet - $45 now packaged with cable for $75 (12 hd channels too), telephone (vonage) $10.

So around $85 monthly
    To get unlimited vonage, it is $24.99 / month includes long distance anywhere in north america including the US

ca newbie
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Thank you "ugablackice".For HD channels how much did you pay for the box?

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

How long ago did you get that price with Shaw?

For us we bundled all 3 together (phone/internet/cable). They gave us a $90/month for a year plus a 3 year free PVR (which is the digital box). It included unlimited long distance anywhere in Canada. Then the year was up in Nov. We are back up to what you pay now at $150 same channels same phone plan etc. I asked for a deal rate as I thought $150 was steep. But they said you can only re-negotiate once a year. So this coming Nov. We should be able to get the $90 again. When are PVR is up it will cost $24.95 a month to have or we can give it back.

You do need to stand your ground. And know what Telus's prices are so you can refer to them. But you should get a good deal. All my hubbies friends were getting this deal at work a year ago so he thought he would try. They said no. He told them about his friends and that we would change to Telus. So we got the same deal as the friends. Except we got 3 year PVR and they all got 2 Year PVR's.

Hope this helps.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Too much! roughly $150.00 (with Shaw - bundled internet/cable/phone) and I own my PVR - what irritates me is I MUST have basic cable to get the HD package, yet I watch no channels under 200 as all the lower channels worth watching are on HD, so I feel i am paying for the channels twice.....unfortunatly, they don't see it that way LOL

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Thank you for the post
    i think i will be going thru my bill and having it changed to save some money- like the rest of you i am also paying 150+ for all of my services and feel that it is to costly - hopefully they bring it down soon or they are gonna be losing lots of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ugablackice View Post
    Shaw internet - $45 now packaged with cable for $75 (12 hd channels too), telephone (vonage) $10.

So around $85 monthly
    To get unlimited vonage, it is $24.99 / month includes long distance anywhere in north america including the US

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We pay about the same, but we were spending more money. We used to have all the movie channels through Shaw but switched to Netflix and got rid of the movie channels- we love it, and great for kids who just want to re-watch the same movies. We are big movie buffs here, so it is a much better deal for us.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by countrycouponer View Post
    Thank you "ugablackice".For HD channels how much did you pay for the box?

Not a penny It was free

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    How long ago did you get that price with Shaw?

For us we bundled all 3 together (phone/internet/cable). They gave us a $90/month for a year plus a 3 year free PVR (which is the digital box). It included unlimited long distance anywhere in Canada. Then the year was up in Nov. We are back up to what you pay now at $150 same channels same phone plan etc. I asked for a deal rate as I thought $150 was steep. But they said you can only re-negotiate once a year. So this coming Nov. We should be able to get the $90 again. When are PVR is up it will cost $24.95 a month to have or we can give it back.

You do need to stand your ground. And know what Telus's prices are so you can refer to them. But you should get a good deal. All my hubbies friends were getting this deal at work a year ago so he thought he would try. They said no. He told them about his friends and that we would change to Telus. So we got the same deal as the friends. Except we got 3 year PVR and they all got 2 Year PVR's.

Hope this helps.

It was around 8 months ago or so now. But its not that new PVR that records 6 at once, just 1 channel.

ca newbie
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks everyone..I appreciate your help
    So we are not the only one paying $150.......
    Also noticed we are paying for extra channels as well..Will have to talk to DH, I don't think he is going to agree on cutting off his sport channel...and there is no way we could cut Disney as it keeps DS occupied when am busy with the baby....don't know what to do ...

Thread Information