User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

So technically, should people be getting two free Trop 50 this week with the IGA deal?

IGA has in their flyer, buy any 3 Quaker products, get 1 Trop 50 juice free. Same deal as the coupon, so I am guessing that if you take two juices up to the cash, first will ring up "free" due to the in-store promo, and then for the 2nd one, you can use the coupon?

I don't need juice, but want to figure out once and for all how these IGA "free" deals work when combining them with coupons
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

It should definitely work that way. Give it a try, Miaow. If not, anyways you'll get your free juice and keep your coupon for later.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I would just reccomend you read the label on this "juice" before you buy it. There are some interesting ingredients.

"stevia" is an artificial sweetner made from plants and if you have allergies you have to be careful with this tropical plant, just saying

I would not touch this stuff and also it's 50 % water so you are really better off just watering down the real juice.

This is only my personal view of this product.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks Patty Smith! Good to know.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I don't drink it, never have, just thought to give heads up to those who do and also to get insight on this sometimes perplexing IGA coupon/free system lol..

BTW, stevia is not an artificial sweetener. If you get the drops that have not been chemically processed, it's not artificial, only if you buy the powder that has been chemically processed. Same thing with Splenda; it's been chemically processed as well.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

hep, all IGA I know work like that... and all electronic rebate count to get the free with 70$ purchase of the week

I agree with Patty for that product specific ingredients... I would not want to use it on a regular basis... but I think this is not that bad if this is drink once... at least not more bad than a bag of chips!

just curious... Do someone have already taste stevia leaf fresh from the garden? It taste really like alot of sugar and yes this just scrap the message to your brain!
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    I don't drink it, never have, just thought to give heads up to those who do and also to get insight on this sometimes perplexing IGA coupon/free system lol..

BTW, stevia is not an artificial sweetener. If you get the drops that have not been chemically processed, it's not artificial, only if you buy the powder that has been chemically processed. Same thing with Splenda; it's been chemically processed as well.
    yup, but artificial or not, your brain didn't get the right message and will ask for sugar again quickly because you didn't give it to him

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Actually, I am OK when using Stevia (drops), no big cravings for sugar. My mother has to use it though due to her diabetes. I use much less of the Stevia than I would with Splenda, and I do find Splenda makes me want real sugar.

And yes, the nice part about having the Stevia plant is making your own "sugar" from it, so you can see what goes into what you eat lol. Another thing I need to add to my 'to-do' list

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

for the original question about IGA cash registrer... I already wrote something to $avvy$hooper thread in brag section...

you could take a look: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4343741-post38.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Awesome ontest, did not know all that about the IGA promos!! I thought that you were "given" the freebie item once you reached $70 (and didn't think coupons counted), because one of the IGAs I go to, has a refrigerator near the cash registers with the 'free' item of the week, so I thought the cashier gives it I rarely shop at $70+ at IGA, think I got the promo once a while back, so now this is interesting news for me...

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I have done this that way many, many time in the past before I discover Pharmaprix optimum points for my milk! Now I don't do it that often. But I always put the free item of the week in my cart to be sure it count for my 70$ when I plan a big IGA shopping trip. When you do it like that, cashier got a message on cash register said you already get the free item and she didn't give an other to you.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Same thing with the chocolate egg Aero, coffe crisp, rolo buy 9 get i free store promo. Add the buy 3 get one free coupon and you end up with 2 free

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I didn't mean to imply it was an artificial sweetner similar to aspertame or those other ones. It is a natural sweetner but I meant aritificial as in not real juice. You know what i mean lol.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

All this to say that I am so sick of them adding weird things to food lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Me too. Remember the Olestra (spelling??) fiasco years ago? Adding that molecule to chips and junk food so people could eat them "guilt free" LOL...And most people ending up running to the toilet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information