User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just wanted to put this out there..

My 18 month old twin boys go to bed anywhere from 6:30-7:00.. usually at 6:30 is the normal time for them to hit the hay. They have 1, 2 hour nap a day and depending on what time they get up they might have 2 very short naps during the day.

A typical day they will get up around 8am.. some days even 9am... never ever have they woken up before 7am tho...

I think it's perfectly ok for my kids to go to bed at this time. But I know some ppl whose kids don't go to bed until 7:30-8pm and their kids are usually cranky as hell! My kids are little boy wonders (so I am told) and I am told I am a very lucky momma... lol

Can some of you tell me your bedtime/nap time schedules for your 18 month older toddlers?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

If it works for you that is all that matters.

I think when my DD was 18 months we were starting bedtime at 7 pm but it would be much later before she fell asleep and then she would be up at 6 am or earlier. Now that she is 2.5, she falls asleep around 9:30 and gets up around 7:30 and takes a 1.5 hour nap midday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I agree, if it works for you, who's to say you're right or you're wrong?

Mine didn't sleep through the night regularly until he was two, so I'm no help (even if I could remember that period of our lives). I will say now that he's five and goes to bed by 7:30. I get him up around 6:45 to get out the door for 7:15. He can easily sleep 12 hours.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess if they need the sleep let them. I think the average hours needed for that age is about 14 a day, so you twins are pretty close. They must tucker each other out!
    My youngest outgrew her naps really early and bedtime was/is 8:00. All kids are different.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I say, whatever works for you Personally, both of my boys started sleeping through the night at a fairly early age, and when that happened, I started putting them to bed regularly at 7 p.m. My oldest son used to sleep from 7 until 8 or later, and he'd take a nap during the day but he outgrew that around 18 months. My youngest will be 3 next month and is only now starting to outgrow his naps. My oldest is turning 5 in a few days, and him and his brother both go to bed at 7 p.m. and get up around 7:45 each morning.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

DD will be 2 on the 20th.
    She has had the same schedule for the past year, with only slight variations (like maybe 1 hour later, up an hour earlier, stuff like that).
    She goes to bed at 9 PM, wakes up between 10:15-11AM, and has no naps, or only 1, that lasts 30mins-1hour.

Now, DS is only 5 1/2 months, but for the past 2 weeks, he's had a great schedule.
    Bed at 8PM, wakes up at 9AM (I leave him until 9:15 if I'm tired, though), then has a nap at 11 AM, a nap at 2 PM and a nap at 5 PM (minimum 45 minutes nap, maximum an hour and a half, I will wake him up).

Thread Information