User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone,

I saw on the Zellers website that the Ogilvie-Blair location Store Closure Clearance is beginning Wednesday March 14th and the store is Closing Wednesday June 6th.

Lets post here all our findings, deals and experiences at this location here. If you notice good areas in the store where deals have been placed, post your shopping hauls, experience with cashiers or management regarding coupon use, return policies etc...

Happy Savings Everyone! Can't wait for this to start!
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Trading Score
    236 (100%)

Thanks so much for the heads up!
    <HR>
    Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky!

- Hafiz of Persia

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

There's an ad coming out this Wednesday in the Ottawa Citizen. The store closes June 2nd not June 6th.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

I was at the Blair Zellers today.
    They are no longer price matching. They are no longer accepting coupons. No returns - they won't even have a customer service desk.
    As of tomorrow or Wednesday, they said they will no longer be Zellers, a Liquidation company is taking over.
    There were no deals to be had today.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow...time to cash in those hbc points...
    its too bad we lost a great canadian franchise
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! That's no good. Thought there would be tons of deals. They are turning into a liquidation center, seems strange a new company is taking over? After reading their site, I wonder if they are just being lazy. They are supposed to accept Manufacturer Coupons, just not the Facebook or Zellers ones.

I looked on the website it says closing June 6th. http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx

It also states the following:

LIQUIDATION STORES: All sales final. All flyer offers, Price Match guarantee, Kidurable guarantee, Rain Checks, Senior's Days, SPC Cards and HBC Promotions are not available.

As a result of closing of this location, the following Store Policies apply.

In effect at all Zellers Liquidation Stores: Zellers stores in Liquidation do not participate in the Zellers Flyer offers, HBC Credit and HBC Rewards† offers.

Purchases at this location cannot be returned, exchanged or price adjusted, even with a receipt, proof of purchase or gift enclosure. This location will not process any returns, exchanges or price adjustments for purchases made at any other Zellers store location. The return policy for HBC† MasterCard® or HBC Credit Card holders is not valid at any Zellers liquidation store location nor will it apply to any purchases made at a liquidation store.

Rain cheques are no longer issued at this or any other Zellers store in Liquidation. All rain cheques printed in this location (before the start of Liquidation) will be honoured at any other local Zellers store, which is not in Liquidation.

Vendor coupons are accepted at all Zellers stores in Liquidation. All other Zellers/Facebook coupons are not accepted.

HBC Gift Cards and other POSA (Point of Sale Activation) gift cards, Lottery tickets, Total Guard warranty, Tobacco, Vending Machines and Magazines are available during liquidation; however these products will not be discounted.

“Seniors’ Day” Discounts will not be offered at a Zellers store in Liquidation.

Please be advised than when exiting Zellers premises your purchases may be subject to a sales receipt check by our greeters. As a result of closing of this location, the following Liquidation Store Operation
    Policies apply.

In effect at all Zellers Liquidation Stores

HBC CREDIT AND REWARDS PROGRAMS OVERVIEW
    Customers can still pay for their purchase with an HBC† MasterCard® or HBC Credit Card and earn DOUBLE the HBC Rewards† points with their purchase, when they present their HBC Rewards card.

Customers will not be able to apply for an HBC MasterCard or HBC Credit Card or an HBC Rewards Card at a liquidation store. Customers can apply online; at another non-liquidating Zellers store; or any Bay or Home Outfitters store.

HBC MasterCard and HBC Credit Card holders can still make payments to their HBC credit account at this location.

All customers will still earn HBC Rewards points when they present their rewards card with their purchase, and they can redeem their HBC Rewards points at any time during liquidation. Special payment plans offered through HBC Credit will no longer be available at any Zellers location as of January 1st, 2012.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Did anyone go today? I was going to stop by, but I figure the deals won't really be that great.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just got back from there and there isn't anything worth fussing over.

Everything is 10% off and the prices are quite high on items. Shoes and clothing are 20% off.

I was going to grab a can of Pringles, they were 89cents from 99cent but the lines were super long cause they are reducing most items at the cash as you go along.

I'm gonna check back next week.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Carleton Cards are 40%off including Easter Cards.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2673 View Post
    Carleton Cards are 40%off including Easter Cards.
    Went there last night still nothing good on sale

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Well...Zellars was always the last resort for my shopping, so probably better that it's outta here!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

Its still pretty dissapointing. Maybe itll get better closer to the end

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya I found it to be the same. Nothing is really on sale, it's like they marked up the price for things to appear on sale.
    Guess we'll have to keep checking and wait closer to the end.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

me too, still 10-30% off.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I stopped in earlier this week and the sale had gone up to 20%-40%. . . . . but still not good enough for me to buy anything lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information