User Tag List

Thread: Nose-Picking

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

My 3.5 year old daughter has recently taken to mining for gold. She picks her nose so that it bleeds, not enough to cause any sort of medical issue but enough to get it on her sheets, clothes, etc. She knows it's bad and tells us she's sorry and promises she won't do it again and then we see her digging an hour later. We tried putting bandaids and medical tape on her fingers to remind and discourage her (even wrote the word NO on them) but I don't want to leave these on in public and the tape residue is a pain to get off as well. We tried time-outs, scolding, threatening, taking away toys, etc, etc. She also will smear her boogers on the wall to get them off her finger or waste a whole pile of kleenex wiping her nose. How do I get these nasty habits to stop before she goes to her day home in six weeks?! She really is a cute little princess most of the time, lol.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

is it done out of boredom?, or due to an itch?, she might have allergies and she's battling a tickle.. my daughter called it "nose poop" for the longest time
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    is it done out of boredom?, or due to an itch?, she might have allergies and she's battling a tickle.. my daughter called it "nose poop" for the longest time
    She says she is just getting boogers out of her nose, no complaints of an itch. She doesn't have any medical conditions/allergies that we are aware of. She does it more when she is alone or in down time (vehicle, bed, on the couch) but she will do it during playing and at other times as well. I see my friend's kids (and random kids) pick their nose a lot too but it's more the bleeding that is the problem.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

it sounds like the inside of her nose might have dried skin that is bugging her... maybe it would help to try a saline spray?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My son use to have a lot of bleeding issues because of "picking". He would wake up with a plate size stain on his pillow and sheets... Our doc told us to dab a thin little layer of vaseline on the edges of the inside of his nose and it helped a lot.
    Nanoush

Thread Information