User Tag List

Page 2237 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1237 1737 2137 2187 2227 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2247 2287 2337 2737 ... LastLast
Results 33,541 to 33,555 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hoaxes and Urban Legends: C

City Nicknames from Around the World : C
    :

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nick c
    hoax c

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you all for the winning words tonight, as well as through out the day.

I most likely will not around tomorrow as I am taking my oldest for his 2nd time out on the slopes. But just wanted to thank you all in advance as well

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sports Trivia - A

This Day in Canadian History - C

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sports Trivia: A

This Day in Canadian History: C
    Last edited by wizeguy; Sun, Jan 31st, 2010 at 03:19 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

12:00 - 8:00 UK Winning Word - Collaboration

I haven't heard it announced, but it was used previously and it worked for me this morning.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

early morning salutations ~ ty for the WW ~ hope it's someone on here that wins the UK trip ~ reppin like mad......havea great day

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Psunday everyone hope everyone has a great day !!
    --- is currently working for the 10:15 and 4:15 winning word

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good PSunday morning to the Qsters. I missed mosy of yesterday's trip down Scarlem's (Scarberia, Scarborough) memory lane. Some great memories shared. I remember the Golden Mile but that's about all I knew and still really only know about Scarboro. I grew up at Yonge & Eglinton (Young & Eligible). Attended Northern Secondary School and North Toronto Collegiate (Eric Lindros attended for a year but that was about 10 years after me). Back when I was knee high, the subway stopped at Eglinton Station and it also stopped at St. George at the other end. The Bloor-Danforth line was pretty much as it is today. They added Kipling & Kennedy and the LRT in later years.

Does anyone remember Frans Restaurants? We used to "come down" in Frans at Y & E. We'd sit there in the wee hours drinking coffee and trying to straighten up before heading home to sleep. The Frans at Yonge & College used to have all you can eat spaghetti and we loved going there to pig out.
    ...from Wiki...Fran's Restaurant is a restaurant in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was once part of a chain known chiefly for one of its branches being a haunt of pianist Glenn Gould. The ship location was opened in 1940 by Fran Deck near the intersection of St. Clair Avenue West and Yonge Street. Fran's originally had only ten seats, but later expanded to a small chain of restaurants in Toronto, including locations at Yonge and College and Yonge and Eglinton, and one in Hamilton.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    Who is the authority that says snopes is the know all be all.
    Snopes aims to debunk or confirm widely spread urban legends. The site has been referenced by news media and other sites, including CNN,[8] FOX news,[9] MSNBC[10] and Australia's ABC on its 'Media Watch' program. Snopes's popular standing is such that some chain e-mail hoaxes claim to have been "checked out on 'Snopes.com'" in an attempt to discourage readers from seeking verification.[11] As of March 2009, the site has around 6.2 million visitors per month.[12]
    The Mikkelsons have stressed the reference portion of the name Urban Legends Reference Pages, indicating that their intention is not merely to dismiss or confirm misconceptions and rumors but to provide evidence for such debunkings and confirmations as well.[13] Although they claim to research their topics heavily and provide references when possible, not all of their sources (especially personal interviews, phone calls, or e-mails) are fully verifiable. Where appropriate, pages are generally marked "undetermined" or "unverifiable" if the Mikkelsons feel there is not enough evidence to either support or disprove a given claim.[14] The Mikkelsons say many of the urban legends are mistakenly attributed because of common problems associated with e-mail signatures. [15

need to go riding popasmurf4@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow still looks cold out there,catching up with the 24hr rolex race,so not here 4 long just thanking everyone 4 the etc,etc,etc,etc, repping where i can.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    Anybody have a clue on this one?
    One day the old German Shepherd starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old German Shepherd thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep trouble now!' Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat.

Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old German Shepherd exclaims loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder, if there are any more around here?'

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. 'Whew!' says the leopard, 'That was close! That old German Shepherd nearly had me!'

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard.

So, off he goes, but the old German Shepherd sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old German Shepherd sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old German Shepherd says...

'Where's that monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!'

Moral of this story...
    Don't mess with the old dogs... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Of course, I am in no way insinuating that anyone is old, just that some are more 'youthfully challenged'.
    Have a great day!!!
    This Month's Cool Site - Google Translate for Animals

Friends are a very rare jewel indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed.

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Does this look familiar?

Attachment 16448
    Wow, Loocie, where the blazes did you find that?!?!?....yup, I knew that corner well.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Here is a picture that will take some of you back. Cedarbrae Mall when it was still Cedarbrae Plaza.

Attachment 16453
    ....yeah, I remember that shot of the mall....and going back to the Bellamy Eglinton area, remember the Elane theatre?....and the Knob Hill bowling alley next to the old Knobby bar??....spent some Saturdays at both places back in the day....they were just a bus ride away....
    ...I lived at Eglinton and Mason Road across from Marvin Starr car dealership, Harvey's and DQ when we first came to Canada.... there were low rental apts there.....we moved to a house in '72, cos the rent got so ridiculously pricey.....a 3 bedroom apt for $129 a month....LOL!!....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    ....yeah, I remember that shot of the mall....and going back to the Bellamy Eglinton area, remember the Elane theatre?....and the Knob Hill bowling alley next to the old Knobby bar??....spent some Saturdays at both places back in the day....they were just a bus ride away....
    ...I lived at Eglinton and Mason Road across from Marvin Starr car dealership, Harvey's and DQ when we first came to Canada.... there were low rental apts there.....we moved to a house in '72, cos the rent got so ridiculously pricey.....a 3 bedroom apt for $129 a month....LOL!!....TR
    I remember my first apartment in Toronto costing me $110.00 a month. I was 17 and it was 1980. Back in Black was just released and my landlady used to give me heck for playing it so loud. It was on Burnside Dr in the Vaughan and St. Clair area of Toronto.

Thread Information