User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So...went in to SDM this morning to get the bonus points and was using a coupon on the Armstrong cheese....cashier (who is a supervisor) said 'nope can't use these coupons' - I asked if I could use at least one of them - 'nope, we only accept coupons with box 3,000 and 5,000' (or something like that - can't remember the exact #'s she mentioned, but it was strange). Asked if this was 'new'...'nope, just now enforcing it'. I can only assume she was referring to the PO Box on the coupon...has anyone else had this experience?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I had a similar thing happen last year. Sounds like she was referring to the P.O. Box. Supervisor told me she could not accept anything that did not have a "Saint John, NB" redemption address.

She explained to me that when she submitted coupons to NB for reimbursement that they sent all of the non-NB ones back without redeeming them. I suggested (because it seemed so obvious) that perhaps the ones that say "send to Pickering, ON" or "send to Longueuil, QC" may indeed need to be sent to those locations. She said, "Nope, we just send them all to NB and they sort them out there. The ones with other addresses besides NB do not get reimbursed, so we aren't taking them."

I didn't argue with her but I did send an email to HO because it seemed so strange that very good companies like Oasis juice and Jane's Chicken would send out coupons with, according to this supervisor, no intention of redeeming them. HO responded that there should be no problem using coupons with redemption addresses other than NB and that they would contact the store to help them with any redemption questions they had. I've never had a problem since.

Maybe you could do the same - a quick email to SDM or call? They will get in touch with the store and help them with any questions or problems they may be having with coupon redemption.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

what a moron! You cant just automatically send them to box 3000 if thats not where they are supposed to go! yes, most companies do use that address but not all!!
    thats like saying oh i'm going to send this letter for you to your neighbour and if you dont get it then too bad lol

Alexa <3
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

Wow that has never happened to me and I have never heard that! I just used the Armstrong cpns yesterday and had no problem... It's weird how some people just make up their own rules as they go :S

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I've used Armstrong coupons at SDM without problems.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I had a lady in Aylmer, Ontario say the same thing to me about only taking coupons that go to New Brunswick. The next day, I sent my husband back with the facebook FAQ and they let us use our coupon. They were super friendly about it, but they just didn't know the company policy.

brittanyb
    Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I had that happen to me on sunday! the cashier stated that it has always been there policy to only take certain PO BOX # and some cashiers just dont read the coupons properly. it's in there "communications" book she even showed it to me. She said it was something to do with them possible being american... which doesnt make sence to me since it was still a canadian return address

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

that happened to me also with the creamer coupons...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

It's weird that is their policy cause I looked on the Lever 2000 coupon (which I got at Shoppers) and the address is the Pickering Ontario one. Would they just refuse a coupon that they are handing out themselves? Pretty silly!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by manicpandemic View Post
    It's weird that is their policy cause I looked on the Lever 2000 coupon (which I got at Shoppers) and the address is the Pickering Ontario one. Would they just refuse a coupon that they are handing out themselves? Pretty silly!
    I was wondering the same and was going to try to use it there just to see what their logic would be if they refused it based on the address...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've encountered this at a Toronto location. One of the coupons they refused was a SHOPPERS coupon from Glow magazine. I argued with the manager with no joy so I left and called head office. They assured me no such policy existed and they contacted the store to inform them of this. HO gave me optimum points for my trouble. I've not had any issues at the store since - although they always grumble when I bring out my coupons.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had the same problem with the Armstrong cheese coupon. The cashier brought out the book and showed it to me as well. HQ and the stores are not doing a good job of communicating with each other, that's for sure!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Wow that is so weird! I've never had problems with anything like that. I think it's really dumb that they think they will get reimbursed for the coupons if they send them to the wrong address. And why do they have this 'policy' in there books if its not real? Who the heck put it there??
    Interesting in joining SuperPoints or SwagBucks?? Earn gift cards and rewards fast!
    PM me for you exclusive invites

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Been there,suffered the embarrassment.I had a cashier at our only SDM loudly accuse me of attempting fraud for trying to use a Longueuil, QC coupon,and have gotten refused on the Pickering,Ont., ones too.
    Several cashiers have told me they only take coupons with a N.B. address,some nicely and some.......well I avoid those ones even if I don't have coupons.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

same here. My SDM won't take the Armstrong cheese one & nothing with anything other than a NB addie
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information