User Tag List

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Yesterday while on my way to pick up my son who was going to be waiting for me, I decided to make a quick run into shoppers for some of the Garnier BB Cream that was on sale for 9.00. I had my 3.00 coupon and grabbed the cream and went to the cash. My heart kinda sank when I seen which cashier (also manager) was there. I already had problems with her a couple of times. Anyway, thought this shouldn't be too bad, a good coupon from websaver.

When she scanned it in, it came up like 15.99. I said no, the sign said 9.00. She started for back to the shelf to look and this time I made sure I was going along too because last time she went herself, she rearraged things on the shelf. I wasn't giving her the chance to do that this time. Anyway, the 9.00 sign was there and we went back to register. As she started to change it to the 9.00, I said I want to get a scop and she said what is that? I started to explain and she said "how do you know that?, the cashiers here would not even know that". I said I belong to a group and we all know that and also there is a sign out there by the door. I said I should get it free and she says "no, that is only if you were going out the door and I caught it before you got that far". Then she says thats only if it was over 10.00 and then changed it to if it was under 10. And then finally after I started saying what the signs say, "If the item scanned is highter than the shelf price................." She then comes out with ya, but we don't do it that way here. I knew I was only arguing a lost cause and there were a couple customers behind me and my son was waiting and if I asked to speak to someone higher up she would say she was the manager like the last time.

On my way out and not very far from her I came across their scop sign and I said "excuse me" and she and the others turned to look at me and I said, "theres the sign there that says it all" and I walked out. I was so mad I was just shaking. I know I need to do something but I am afraid to ask to speak to the manager, it will probably end up being her. I am wondering if maybe I should write or call Shoppers head office.

Any advice would be really helpful. I don't think she should be getting away with things like this.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Websaver

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To register a complaint phone 1-866-499-4599 that's the number that on the Scanning Code of Practice sign.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree, call the SCOP number first *and* call Shoppers HO to let them know the situation and that you've reported it.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Thank you so much. That is what I will do. I had never noticed a number on there before.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, I see that you are also a Spike/James Marsters fan! I love when he says, "hello evil here", My husband and I just finished watching the Angel series a couple nights ago on Netflix. It was really good but still not as good as Buffy, I was kinda sad when we finished watching Buffy, its completely addictive!!! Lorne and Spike are my fave characters but theyre all great!!!! I see that youve also had trouble at Shoppers, Im in NS and I rarely go unless there is a deal that to hot to miss in the flyers, its always such a long wait at the cash and they never want to hear your side of the story, its so madening when you know that your right!! I would report the person who was giving her a hard time if it was me, sounds like she is s*r*wi*g people out of some great deals cause she doesnt know whats going on her self or is to lazy to find out! Jayme

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm beginning to think that certain cashiers etc know exactly how scop works but say other things to get out of it. Last time I read the sticker and they just stood there looking at me. LOL!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JaymeLee View Post
    Hi there, I see that you are also a Spike/James Marsters fan! I love when he says, "hello evil here", My husband and I just finished watching the Angel series a couple nights ago on Netflix. It was really good but still not as good as Buffy, I was kinda sad when we finished watching Buffy, its completely addictive!!! Lorne and Spike are my fave characters but theyre all great!!!! I see that youve also had trouble at Shoppers, Im in NS and I rarely go unless there is a deal that to hot to miss in the flyers, its always such a long wait at the cash and they never want to hear your side of the story, its so madening when you know that your right!! I would report the person who was giving her a hard time if it was me, sounds like she is s*r*wi*g people out of some great deals cause she doesnt know whats going on her self or is to lazy to find out! Jayme

Off topic, but I was a huge Buffy & Angel fan as well. I loved James Marsters......especially with the bleached hair and accent! lol Wish he'd start popping up more in tv or movies though. I liked Lorne as well and was saddened to see that he passed away in 2009. He was very talented.

Thread Information