User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Work clothes on a budget?

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I need work clothes, and my budget is about $100 for everything. I have ODP - so I get dinged $3 per transaction so it adds up fast.
    I pretty much need black/white collared shirt that must be tucked in, black work pants (no stretchy material or jeans) and work shoes - and must be black non slip etc.

I think i have a good idea where to get the shirt but the pants Im iffy about. I was gonna go get a pair of the work dress pants from Suzy Shier, since cheapest I've seen was $20... now the shoes where can I get a nice durable pair and be suitable for work?

I looked at Pay-less and they range from 24.99-$30.. Mark warehouse is definitely out of my price range. Any other places I can look at? Oh I'm in Vancouver, BC -to make things a lot easier for you guys
    This thread is currently associated with: Suzy Shier

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

What is ODP?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I liked work pants from Smart Set. I don't know how much they cost, but in 8 years of buying work pants I've come to the conclusion that you must *love* them.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    What is ODP?
    Overdraft protect. I got it because I was unemployed for 6 months and couldn't get EI.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would take the 100.00 out of your account first so you don't have multiple 3.00 transactions.
    Personally I hate suzy shier for work pants, the fit is odd, the material is crap and I've never had a pair last longer than 3 months(wearing and washing once a week). Smart Set and Ricki's have nice work pants and they almost always have an extra 25-50% off sale stuff, you might be able to score a pair for 10.00. Dynamite has decent once as well and you can usually find some on the sales rack although their quality is going down hill. Old Navy sometimes gets work pants in the clearance section and I've seen them go for as low as 2.50, I'm not a big fan of ladies clothes from Old Navy but some people love them.
    For shoes I'd try Walmart, my mom just got a pair of Dr. Scholl's black non slip non marking shoes for 15.00, regular price was 30ish I think.
    xbbx likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I know our Labels always has great deals on dress clothes & sometime Suzy Shier has pants on sale. Giant Tiger also seems to have alot of dress clothes nowadays. Do you have a Salvation Army? I like to buy my work clothes there, you can't go wrong when pants & shirts are less than $5 (especially with how easilly I can wreck them). For shoes I'd go to Walmart, They're not always the longest lasting shoes but if you need dress clothes I'll assume you won't be doing something to wear out your shoes as fast as me & my husband do lol
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would try consignment stores - Front and Company (Main St) is great and there are several good ones on Broadway (in Kits). If you have the time Value Village is also well worth a visit.
    xbbx likes this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I wouldn't buy work pants at Suzy Shier. Not if you need them to last for a bit. Can you go to secondhand stores? Check kijjii or something similar?

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    I wouldn't buy work pants at Suzy Shier. Not if you need them to last for a bit. Can you go to secondhand stores? Check kijjii or something similar?
    I've looked on there, buying second hand pants from Kijiji and CL makes me iffy. I don't want to be bait and switched and I have to try on the pants myself -a lot of people don't allow that.

Thanks for the suggestions! Ill check out walmart tomorrow for the shoes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Check the Bay downtown. I was at the Guildford (Surrey) Bay today and they have $175 and $200 dress pants (Planet and Precis) marked down to $25. I bought two pairs. They are clearing out the last of their old stock.

Also, the main Sears store at Georgia & Granville is being closed. They may have some deals there that will get you some more expensive clothes are better than usual discounts.
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
    xbbx likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Has any one been to the Sears outlet by Lougheed? I'm always around that area since I go to school in Coquitlam.
    Last edited by xbbx; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 01:45 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I haven't been there for at least a year but it is one of those 'hit and miss' places. Sometimes you'll hit the mother lode and other times you'll come up empty. If you're close by there I would say it would be well worth checking. They often have great bargains.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

check every clearance rack lots of stores are clearing out old stock right now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Payless often has a coupon for an extra 20% off if you Google too.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would also check walmart. They sometimes have some great clothes, also Joe Fresh at any superstore locations has some great pants and shirts and they are very affordable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information