User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Bonus Redemption: Sat. April 7 & Sun. April 8! Post your shopping lists here!)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Is there much difference? I've never paid attention before as never had enough points.
    Regular redemption are what shown on the back of your receipt

Bonus redemption: - happens every now then, at least once every 2 months
    50,000 pts (reg worth $85....now worth $100; $15 more)
    95,000 pts (reg worth $170...now worth $200; $30 more)

Mega Redemption: (Once a year - few weeks before Xmas; last year it was on Dec 3 & 4 weekend)
    50,000 pts worth $125
    95,000 pts worth $250
    Last edited by daddy_of_2_girls; Mon, Apr 2nd, 2012 at 02:37 AM.
    osirus11 and PurpleBunny89 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Is it bad that I'll just go in and spend $100 on whatever I fancy?
    nah! I've been careful with how I'm accumulating points, and I've been taking my 6 yr old along. Our rule is that we don't spend frivolously to earn the points, but that means that the redemption $ really is "free" so it's ok to sneak some stuff in there that we wouldn't normally buy (which we are kindof forced to do anyways given the amount we need to spend and Shoppers's prices overall - we usuallly just hit the $50 for earning the points, its tough for me to spend $100 or $200 on stuff that we need there).

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

During the last redemption, I started wondering if it is better to redeem 50,000 points for $100 when there seem to be less good sales and most prices seem "bumped-up", or simply to redeem 50,000 points for 85$ when there are more interesting items on sale.

I may be wrong, but I think I remember seeing Tide at $5.99 and butter at $3.49 during the last 50,000 = 100$ redemption, when often you can find SDM selling Tide at $4.99 and butter at $2.99. The difference is 20% on the Tide and 17% on the butter. So what's the point of getting the extra 15$ (15$ / 85$ = 17%) if you are going to pay most items almost 20% more expensive on redemption day?

The examples may not be accurate, but it really seemed to me that when I went through the flyer most items were bumped-up in price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have thought about the same thing too. If i have extra points (over the 95,000) I will use them on a really good sale and stock up. I also use alot of points on presents. I get their easter presents, valentines day presents, bday presents and chistmas presents during redemption. I can get a good chunk of the presents for free and pay for only a small amount
    carlyincanada likes this.

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

If diapers and wipes are on sale, I'll definitely be stocking up. $200 worth will be easy
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Thanks Jezz for removing the extra attachment. Any help with fixing my title? can't remove the extra "amp, amp" words and it's driving me nuts! I just took a look at the BC flyer...looks ok but solidifies my decision to pass on this redemption. I mainly need meat, fruits and veggies. Will swing by to check out any manager's specials but other than that will do my Friday night flyer fight for deals at other stores. Happy shopping...the lists posted thus far look great.

Someone asked about buying mostly grocery items and not spending much for tax: yes, I've done it on my last redemption, over $100 in items and am pretty sure I spent less than $5 OOP after taxes! Oh happy day! (After coupons my pre-redemption total was something like $100.21) :o
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Was happy last Dec to use up my points to redeem for great Christmas presents. Think I'll be storing them up for mega bonus redemption again! Can't wait to see your shopping brags though!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here's my list. The prices might be a bit off because I wasn't sure of some.

http://worz.ca/sdm/print.php?lid=9d6...d859851bb17dfe

Join me in earning free money and gift cards
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/suzieq1974

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzieq1974 View Post
    Here's my list. The prices might be a bit off because I wasn't sure of some.

http://worz.ca/sdm/print.php?lid=9d6...d859851bb17dfe
    That is some expensive shampoo and conditioner! Hope its more then one of each
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still haven't decided if I should redeem this time or not. Last time, wanted to splurge on some cosmetic items (Urban Decay at Yorkdale location) but they were out of the 24/7 pencils that I really want. Now, I have enough to do a $200 redemption but my store doesn't carry the high end cosmetic so really nothing that I need, other than the usual milk, coffee cream etc.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Im going to pass this time..... still saving my points up for baby stuff!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

i think i will pass this time. want to make sure i have enough points to get the new wii thingie at christmas. plus nothing really exciting that i really need

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I usually save my points for mega redemption. I guess I'll check the flyer and maybe go for the $100 this time. Have to see if there are any good bonus points deals etc.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

This redemption is going to be about me and needing to be pampered so I'm going to spend about $150 on Clinique cosmetics since I've got enough for about 5 or 6 redemptions with the 3 cards we have in the household. When I told DH what I was planning, his response was "gee cosmetics is expensive". I haven't told him that was only for about 5 items & I haven't even finished choosing all the cosmetics yet - LOL. I just bit my tongue & thought gee, it's expensive playing beer league hockey 2 nights/week & then beer league baseball 2 games/week, never mind thinking about when NFL season starts. Ha. Ha. I'm going to enjoy this redemption as I'll be doing the "Happy Dance" while I shop. I'll probably do another redemption as well on groceries & household products for the family & parents since Mother's Day & Father's Day is just around the corner.

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

In the last 2 years, there were 2 bonus redemptions in April/May, I will wait for the next one when electronics are on sale.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information