User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.

I'm currently on assistance, with my ex paying child support via the maintenance and enforcement program.
    In past years I've gotten a T5007 from community services. This year my ex has apparently started paying more (reg + arrears) so I didn't qualify for a T5007 as the actual payout from DCS was less than 500.00.

So should I have gotten some sort of paperwork/receipt from M&E to use to file?

I'm loathe to call M&E because I find them to be the most unhelpful, uncooperative govt department I've ever had to deal with. They never return calls, their people are rude and unhelpful. One was so horrible she actually brought me to tears - and I'm an emotionally weak person.
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4...e.html#P47_958

The guide is for those form preparers but it says early in the book that if the preparers paid out money, they have to issue forms to recipients. Recipients have to include the amounts for their returns.

So either the mailout never happened or something else occurred (you have not moved since last year? could be M&E error then). Guide mentions how electronic copies of the form can only be sent out to you if you gave authorization for that format-did you? You need to find out what M&E did with your receipt or you'll probably have to file a T1-ADJ form later in year if you file your return without the T5007 form.

Since the form had to be issued by end of February, someone has explaining to do. See if calling the minister's office for that department gets you results!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

You only get the T5007 if you receive social assistance or worker's comp benefits. Money you receive through the Maintenance Enforcement program is different.

You should talk to a lawyer or accountant about whether you need to report any of the money received as income. Spousal support has to be reported as income, but child support or special expenses (ie. daycare) usually do not.

If you need to report some of the money received as income, you will need to get a statement that shows the payments you received last year. As far as I know, maintenance enforcement programs do not issue tax slips.

Hope this helps!

Thread Information