User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 2012 Pay it Forward; Christmas Generousity Personal Collection

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hello from Clayton, ON

Okey dokey...ya ya I know Christmas is Almost 7 1/2 months away, however, using coupons is a part of our daily living practices (lol) or routines atleast for me and my family.

I thought that I would see if anyone else besides me wants to make a PERSONAL commitment; to make the charity of your choice, adopt a family, food bank, shelters...burden a little easier during the holiday (CHRISTMAS) season. If you do so already perfect and koodos to you!

It would be great if each person that does make a commitment; update their posts through this thread to BRAG about what they have collected so far for the good cause they are supporting...

I think for starters that everyone of us could definately spare some Resolve (lol) but seriously every little bit counts. This week it could be resolve, next week, free toothpaste, it doesn't have to be turkeys and hams, etc...

Kindness and generousity are always well rec'd, greed and sour grapes not so much!

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Dec 31st, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My family is adopting a family for the month of December.

Originally we were going to donate to the food bank but a few months back in August I sent am email to our church and just today rec'd a family that is in need this Holiday Season.

The family is a single mother, with a set of twins and an older daughter.

I am so excited as I have a huge stockpile that I've been donating items throughout the year but now get to do our biggest donation to date.

I did do 38 RAOKS (random acts of kindness) for my birthday instead of gifts for myself and I had a blast and felt fantastic.

So this donation will consist of so many items but I promise to take pictures as the items are boxed up and get ready for the drop off date (waiting on the date from the church's secretary)
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Nov 27th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
    macw1960 and CheriBomb like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Great tread. I was wondering where would be a good place to donate personal care items....I was unsure of putting a bunch of body wash in the hamper at Safeway. Does the food bank accept personal care and cleaning supplies, or just food donations?
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Food banks take canned food, fresh produce, frozen food & beverages, cleaners, hygene, medince cabinets stuff, pretty well anything but clothes & furniture. Thanks
    macw1960 likes this.

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Women's shelters are good places to donate personal care items, and I even read on here that often nursing homes are good places to donate stuff like that as well. I remember we always used to bring my nan yummy bath stuff when she was there.

Speaking of- I think this year for the holiday season I'm going to approach a local nursing home and see if I could adopt a couple seniors and make stockings/hampers for them.

Thanks for getting me thinking! Keep up the great work everyone!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thanks sweetproserpina
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My family is Paying it Forward to our local foodbank this Christmas season.

QTY ITEM

10x Dial Liquid Hand Soap Refills 1.18L = .99 each
    20x Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce = FREE
    30x Resolve (+ I see more in my future lol) = FREE
    5x Fructis 2in1 - shampoo/conditioner= .99 each
    5x Bicks corn relish = FREE
    7x Colgate Total whitening 130ml = FREE
    15x Irish Spring Body Wash = .99 each
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Jun 25th, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
    macw1960, r0c0upons and CheriBomb like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I've been planning & preparing hampers for our church since last Xmas. We do up 2 food hampers that they give away for door prizes at the Xmas service & we do up 2 household/personal items hampers that they sell raffle tickets on as a fundraiser. Last year I just threw some together at the last minute because I wasn't able to bake for the bakesale & the household hampers (approx $100 value) still raised $80. This year I want to try to get them up to a $300 value if I can & have them ready sooner so people can see them & buy tickets for a few weeks beofre the draw.
    My husband's parents are pastors & they started thier own church. It's not very big, they have it in the activity room in one of the old folks homes here. The only people that go are the seniors from the home & um...."lower class" residents of our fine city. Sorry I don't really know how to word that nicely. They like to come just to eat & take advantage of the church which my in-laws basically pay for out of thier own pocket cuz no one donates so that's why we do them as a fundraiser.
    This is what I have so far
    Any ideas or suggestions would be apprciated
    Name:  DSCF0758.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  34.3 KB
    Name:  DSCF0759.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  36.5 KB
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

very generous of you slaney and thoughtful! I will pm you
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

our local foodbank is run through our church so once every month or two I put together a big box and bring it with us

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I have adopted a family that I support a number of times throughout the year with hampers of grocery (and some personal) items. I also collect for our local women`s shelter and drop several boxes off every three months. Some of my fellow couponers who come to the Surrey coupon swap also donate to the women`s shelter project. Last year I did most of my donations in large quantities at Christmas. This year I decided to spread the joy throughout the year.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Woooo!!! I just got a whole bunch of cereal to add to mine today1 2 boxes of honey bunches of oats, 2 cornflakes & 2 all bran
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

misstarbender, DianneS and Slaney great jobs
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

SO we have decided to adopt a family for the month of December, we are doing this through our church. I have send the formal email to the church secretary looking for a family that could use a helping hand for the month of December. I have asked several questions to ensure that they will be well prepare such:

do they have a freezer?

do they have any food allergies?

ages of children and sex for small gifts?

I'm so excited I have so much stuff....waiting to get the information back from the church.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the past 15 years, my family has stopped exchanging Christmas gifts. Instead, when we have our annual get together (generally 5 families totally 25 people) we support a local charity. The family organizing the Christmas get together chooses the charity and the rest of us bring the appropriate donations.

In the past we have supported things like the women's shelter, the food bank, a school breakfast program, a day facilty for women who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless........well, you get the idea.

Last year it was our turn to choose the charity so we asked everyone to bring kids pajamas sizes 2-12 and we donated them to the local Children's Aid Pajama Program. The local Children's Aid gives each kid, in care, a new pair of pajamas at Christmas. Also each child coming into care gets a new pair of PJs, so these could also be used in the new year. Our family was able to donate 42 pair of pajamas so we felt that our Christmas drive was very successful.
    Last edited by Retiree; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information