User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Smartsource Tear Pads Found April 18 '12 (Vancouver)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I looked for the trial shampoo last year starting from when coupon came out and until it expired NEVER found one so I thought may be stores don't carry the trial size I never used it so I wanted to try it first before spending money for the full size ... hopefully I'll have better luck this year

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyez85y7ca View Post
    I looked for the trial shampoo last year starting from when coupon came out and until it expired NEVER found one so I thought may be stores don't carry the trial size I never used it so I wanted to try it first before spending money for the full size ... hopefully I'll have better luck this year

the trial size isn't with the regular trial size.. they are located with the shampoos, i also found they only have a limited amount in stock at any one time
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I keep reading posts here about how "someone" took an entire tearpad and how people are being more and more greedy. But did anyone ever think that the economy sucks, there's high unemployment...maybe there are more people actually couponing than before? I for one, only used to take coupons for products I would buy and leave all others on the shelf. Now I take coupons for everything because I can trade. I'm sure lots of other people used to do the same. Anyone joining SC and gathering coupons to trade that they normally would not have taken dwindles the supplies on shelves
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I agree 100%

But.... I think most people (myself included) have a problem with someone coming into a store and taking a WHOLE TEARPAD or close to a whole tearpad just so they can trade them, trade them at a higher rate (say on Ebay for cash), or use them to get insane amounts of overages themselves (I'm not talking a few dollars on each trip, I'm taking like 30-40 dollars per trip on overages).

I never would discourage ANYONE from using coupons, obviously, but I do have a problem with people who selfishly take something which is suppose to be shared with others.To do so, irregardless of economics, in my mind is just plan rude and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I keep reading posts here about how "someone" took an entire tearpad and how people are being more and more greedy. But did anyone ever think that the economy sucks, there's high unemployment...maybe there are more people actually couponing than before? I for one, only used to take coupons for products I would buy and leave all others on the shelf. Now I take coupons for everything because I can trade. I'm sure lots of other people used to do the same. Anyone joining SC and gathering coupons to trade that they normally would not have taken dwindles the supplies on shelves

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Has anyone found nexxus coupon in Ontario yet? One SDM i went to had them expect their was 2 cpn on the tearpad.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Really hoping the Nexxus coupons will exclude the trial sizes. Some people are using them for overages and not really after the shampoos. I've seen this in my Walmart last year when the shelf for the trial sizes was cleared all the time.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post

Actually, when you live in a small town, and you go to a grocery store on a Friday, and there isnt a coupon display next to a product, but go in on a saturday morning to see that not only was a coupon put up that morning, but the ENTIRE pad is gone ( and on some cases the tab holding them is even broken ) its pretty safe to say it wasnt a case of 10 or 20 people taking a few for themselves or to trade. Its a case of one or possibly 2 greedy people taking them all.

Furthermore, in regards to the economy sucking, that still dosnt give one person the right to take a whole book of them. The economy is bad for a lot of people, why should one person be able to take a whole pad of coupons, sell them on ebay for a profit, while other people have to pay full price for a product because there are no coupons left??

I have seen people say they sell coupons on ebay because times are tough and its making ends meet..... but those coupons are meant for people to use ( for free ) taking a whole book is taking away from everyone who wants to buy a product. So they are making money, the rest of us are loosing money because of it.

In regards to overage it's a similar situation. Because of abuse on coupons like $5 wub3 gilette, or $4 wub 3 charmin, bounty, puffs..... we lost them. Now for the people who actually used them to buy the products rather than get a few cents in overage by buying toilet seat covers they will never use.... we will end up having to pay more for our products because the coupon value has gone down

Also, in addition to coupons going down in value, prices of products will eventually go up to recover lost costs for people using overage to buy milk, clothes bread etc..... OUR milk, eggs, and clothes are not the responsibility of P&G or any other company to buy. That would be like me giving you $5 to go to the store to get milk for me..... having you come back with a tiny carton of milk, and a a bunch of things for yourself with the rest. Even if I didn't specify that I wanted a large carton of milk, it would be implied wouldn't it? Its no different than a coupon. Its implied to be used on a product to save money... not to MAKE it!!
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sat, Apr 21st, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Actually, when you live in a small town, and you go to a grocery store on a Friday, and there isnt a coupon display next to a product, but go in on a saturday morning to see that not only was a coupon put up that morning, but the ENTIRE pad is gone ( and on some cases the tab holding them is even broken ) its pretty safe to say it wasnt a case of 10 or 20 people taking a few for themselves or to trade. Its a case of one or possibly 2 greedy people taking them all.

Furthermore, in regards to the economy sucking, that still dosnt give one person the right to take a whole book of them. The economy is bad for a lot of people, why should one person be able to take a whole pad of coupons, sell them on ebay for a profit, while other people have to pay full price for a product because there are no coupons left??

I have seen people say they sell coupons on ebay because times are tough and its making ends meet..... but those coupons are meant for people to use ( for free ) taking a whole book is taking away from everyone who wants to buy a product. So they are making money, the rest of us are loosing money because of it.

In regards to overage it's a similar situation. Because of abuse on coupons like $5 wub3 gilette, or $4 wub 3 charmin, bounty, puffs..... we lost them. Now for the people who actually used them to buy the products rather than get a few cents in overage by buying toilet seat covers they will never use.... s will end up having to pay more for our products because the coupon value has gone down

Also, in addition to coupons going down in value, prices will eventually go up to recover lots costs for people using overage to buy milk, clothes bread etc..... OUR milk, eggs, and clothes are not the responsibility of P&G or any other company to buy. That would be like me giving you $5 to go to the store to get milk for me..... having you come back with a tiny carton of milk, and a a bunch of things for yourself with the rest. Even if I didn't specify that I wanted a large carton of milk, it would be implied wouldn't it? Its no different that a coupon. Its implied to be used on a product to save money... not to MAKE it!!

+1

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I sure hope I can find these!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am in no way saying it is right to take them all. I am just saying that you can't assume one or two people are taking lots. In your scenario about them disappearing overnight in the small town, it makes sense that you think there are only a few people taking them all.

I live downtown and shop in some of the busiest stores in the country, with hundreds of people going into these stores at lunch and after work. It is not hard to believe that there are dozens and dozens of people taking coupons, and not just one or two. Some popular coupons (like $2 Dove or $3 Zantac) even manage to stay up for weeks in the SDMs around here.

I skip coupons used just for overage. #1 Walmart is very far away from me and I don't have a car. #2 I have no space in my apartment for stuff we don't need. #3 a few cents in overage is not worth lugging that stuff back home on the bus. Someone else can use them instead

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post

In regards to overage it's a similar situation. Because of abuse on coupons like $5 wub3 gilette, or $4 wub 3 charmin, bounty, puffs..... we lost them. Now for the people who actually used them to buy the products rather than get a few cents in overage by buying toilet seat covers they will never use.... we will end up having to pay more for our products because the coupon value has gone down

Also, in addition to coupons going down in value, prices of products will eventually go up to recover lost costs for people using overage to buy milk, clothes bread etc..... OUR milk, eggs, and clothes are not the responsibility of P&G or any other company to buy. That would be like me giving you $5 to go to the store to get milk for me..... having you come back with a tiny carton of milk, and a a bunch of things for yourself with the rest. Even if I didn't specify that I wanted a large carton of milk, it would be implied wouldn't it? Its no different than a coupon. Its implied to be used on a product to save money... not to MAKE it!!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Apr 22nd, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
    Cuckoobird likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hello_kitty View Post
    Has anyone found nexxus coupon in Ontario yet? One SDM i went to had them expect their was 2 cpn on the tearpad.
    I found it in my local SDM. North York/Toronto/Scarborough area, whatever you want to call it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What stores have everyone found them in so far? Anyone in Alberta seen them yet?

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lins View Post
    What stores have everyone found them in so far? Anyone in Alberta seen them yet?
    Today I found the Nexxus at Safeway, SDM and Save On Foods in the Vancouver area.

Here's a roundup of the Smartsource tear pads I found at SDM today. These first four seem to be new so I'm showing some pics here. The others are repeats/holdovers or were also found at Safeway earlier. I'll add them all to post #1 of this thread.

-$2 off L'Oreal Paris Excellence (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$2 off any Dove VisibleCare Body Wash 300ml, #89288425 (exp. Aug.31 '12)
    -.50 off any Degree Women product (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$3 off Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away or Dual Action Freeze Away (exp. Dec.31 '12)

-$5 off Dr. Scholl's Skin Tag Remover (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$2 off WUB1 or $5 off WUB2 Simple product (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$3 off any Garnier Nutrisse Mousse hair colour product (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$1 off any Alberto European product (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$1 off any Elastoplast product (exp. May 31 '13)
    -$1 off any Head & Shoulders product (exp. June 30 '12)
    -$3 off any Nexxus product (exp. Sept.30 '12)

Last edited by mcminsen; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
    redhdlois and sweet_lins like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    I agree 100%

But.... I think most people (myself included) have a problem with someone coming into a store and taking a WHOLE TEARPAD or close to a whole tearpad just so they can trade them, trade them at a higher rate (say on Ebay for cash), or use them to get insane amounts of overages themselves (I'm not talking a few dollars on each trip, I'm taking like 30-40 dollars per trip on overages).

I never would discourage ANYONE from using coupons, obviously, but I do have a problem with people who selfishly take something which is suppose to be shared with others.To do so, irregardless of economics, in my mind is just plan rude and unnecessary.
    Plus, when you see someone posting on Facebook pictures of 200 boxes of Catelli pasta you can pretty much be assured that they just didn't take a reasonable amount and left some for others.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Here's a roundup of the Smartsource tear pads I found at Save On Foods today. The only different or new one was this .50 off coupon for Cott beverages. I've never seen a coupon for this product before and am only vaguely familiar with it. I wonder if it's only in certain regions.

-.50 off Cott (exp. Nov.30 '12)

-$1 off any Janes Chicken product (exp. July 15 '12)
    -$1 off WUB2 any Bick's products (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -.50 off any Bick's Relish product (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$1 off WUB1 VH Steamers (exp. Sept.30 '12)
    -.50 off WUB2 Nestle Pure Life Sparkling 1L bottles or one 6X500ml case (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -.75 off Dairlyand Organic Milk (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -.75 off Dairyland Li'l Ones yogurt (exp. Oct.31 '12)
    -$2 off Van Houtte 225gm and up, not K-cups (exp. July 31 '12)
    -$1 off any Head & Shoulders product (exp. June 30 '12)
    -$3 off any Nexxus product (exp. Sept.30 '12)
    -$1 off any Alberto European product (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -$1 off any Febreze Fabric Refresher (exp. July 31 '12)
    -$5 off nicorette gum handy pack 25/100ct (exp. Dec.31 '12)
    -.50 off Nutri-Grain Superfruit Flavours Bars 295gm (exp. Sept.30 '12)

Last edited by mcminsen; Sun, Apr 22nd, 2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Peachykeen2007 and redhdlois like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information