User Tag List

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Just a small vent, I have spent about 10hrs this week just shopping for coupons to some various stores for tear pads and what not, no understanding that I'm only a week and half old to the island, is there something I'm missing? Or is it just tougher out here then it was in Edmonton?? Also, can anyone tell me when the inserts come out and where do people get them?? I only am looking for 20 of each as I don't believe in getting an excess as much more then that is just greedy and wasteful as I cant imagine my family of 6 going through all that stuff.

Am I just over reacting or just not being patient enough to figure the couponing thing out in Victoria and area? Any and all feedback is welcomed. *sighs*
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Coupon Guru in Training couponer2's Avatar
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Sorry you had such bad luck couponing
    Superstore in Langford has a coupon board at their entrance and even though most of them are instore coupons some of them say manufacturer's coupon @ the top.
    If you are in Langford also check out Fairway market, though all I found today was the grill to thrill booklet (they had tons by the frozen meat section) with $6 in coupies in it.
    Here is the schedule for inserts

smart source/red plum insert schedule 2012

They usually can be found in the Sat. edition of the Times Colonist which is a paid newspaper but free copy's can be found at coffee shops like Tim hortons and restaurants like McDonalds or in the free newspaper like Goldstream gazette(colwood, langford ,east sooke though not Sooke) or Saanich news on Fridays and there are newspaper boxes around often by mailboxes.
    Last edited by couponer2; Sun, Apr 29th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

the inserts do NOT come in the victoria free paper, they come in the langford free paper and occasionally some of the saanich free papers, and if i remember right it's only the brandsaver and the redplum the smartsource does not come in any free paper (only the TC)

for coupons being put up in stores.. they go up then they go fast! some within an hour or two of going up.. there are alot of couponers our there and i've recently discovered. one person who sells coupons on ebay (currently selling most of the nexxus that could be found in town!) it's hard to compete with a hard core person who is selling coupons

it does take time for Victoria to get all the coupons up in all the stores (it's done over about a week and i think only two people put them up for Sidney to langford-or atleast i've only seen two different people putting them up)

some of the stores coupons are posted at are safeway, save on, Shoppers, pharmasave, rexall, and thrifty foods (this is new for them only within the last few months have they been getting smartsource tear pads)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry your having a rough time It does seem to be harder here in town for finding coupons but there is a couple groups you can check out. if you have facebook you can look up Daring Divas Coupon & Deal Group (Victoria BC)And also on Kids in Victoria has coupon trains. The Daring Diva's group has alot of good information and also a good network to maybe connect with for trades and large orders with SOF for stacking.
    Good luck and take care

Thread Information