User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By steph13
  • 2 Post By Natalka

Thread: Teaching DH the SC(cheap) ways

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yesterday I stopped by RCSS at Don Mills and Eg to pick up a few specials....found some Gatorade powder on the clearance rack in the back of the store for $2.44.I picked up one can for my boys since they are both on the Ultimate Frisbee team and with warmer weather coming up I thought it would be a nice treat.Also found an amazing cheese in the specialty cheese section.It was an Italian hard cheese with merlot flavour, on sale for $4.99 with a 50% tag.We had some before dinner last night and SDH loved it so much he said he would stop by RCSS on his way to work, never mind that it is out of his way.Anyway he found a piece and picked up 2 more cans of Gatorade from the clearance display.When he paid he noticed they charged him $4.99 a can.He called me and asked me how much they were supposed to be.I said $2.44 so he went to the CS desk, got one on SCOP and one for $2.44...he was so proud of himslelf!!!I have been trying to teach him to check the bill everytime he pays top make sure there are no mistakes...he is finally learning!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by steph13; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's SO awesome! Last shopping trip (he doesn't shop often) my husband brought home coupons from a shelf - he was so proud of himself, lol!
    hollyquaiscer and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Ladies, you sure are teaching your dh's a good thing. Better watch out, next thing you know they might want you to save the weekly flyers for them My dh will also bring home coupons and has even used a few in his day, lol!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steph13 View Post
    Yesterday I stopped by RCSS at Don Mills and Eg to pick up a few specials....found some Gatorade powder on the clearance rack in the back of the store for $2.44.I picked up one can for my boys since they are both on the Ultimate Frisbee team and with warmer weather coming up I thought it would be a nice treat.Also found an amazing cheese in the specialty cheese section.It was an Italian hard cheese with merlot flavour, on sale for $4.99 with a 50% tag.We had some before dinner last night and SDH loved it so much he said he would stop by RCSS on his way to work, never mind that it is out of his way.Anyway he found a piece and picked up 2 more cans of Gatorade from the clearance display.When he paid he noticed they charged him $4.99 a can.He called me and asked me how much they were supposed to be.I said $2.44 so he went to the CS desk, got one on SCOP and one for $2.44...he was so proud of himslelf!!!I have been trying to teach him to check the bill everytime he pays top make sure there are no mistakes...he is finally learning!
    So cool that he called you from the store and that he got a SCOP.
    What a good coupon teacher you are, OP!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

THAT'S EXCELLENT! I told DH about my scop and he thought I was kidding-nuts

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

That's great! Hubby will coupon shop with me, but I tease him that he doesn't have a couponer's eyes yet (he'll walk right by a pad!!! Argh!!). But the fact that your hubby called is awesome! You have started to train him well lol!

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Amazing, my hubby just found out about the SCOP last week when we were in WM, I had to do it to a bottle of shampoo that was on a clearance shelf. He couldn't believe that stores do that, now he is bringing me home coupons and telling the guys at work about the free and cheap things I have purchased. I think he is enjoying this more than me

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hey, us SCers aren't cheap. We're frugal. Or we like to pretend to be.

At least, DH tells me all the time I'm not cheap. He's stopped looking at the bills for years now. Chicken.

Merlot flavoured cheese!! Fancy!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

When I first started couponing DH grumbled, but for valentines day he brought me some coupons from a paper at work. He's still not on board with doing it, but every so often I'll get him to use a coupon.

Thread Information