User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Minou
  • 2 Post By Sally888

Thread: Is Target Going Anti Union in Zellers Deal?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My oldest son's wife was telling us yesterday that she heard that there will not be a Target store in Brantford when the arrive in Canada next year. She said that there will be one in Simcoe and Cambridge, which are 30 minutes either way but not in Brantford.

The only reason that I can think of is that our Zellers in a unionized operation, as a matter of fact they just ratified anothre contract earlier this year I think it was.

I think it sucks that somewhere half the size (if that) like Simcoe is getting Target and not Brantford! I was looking forward to it coming here!

If it is not because of the union then maybe it because they would have to pretty much implode this store and rebuild. That is how bad it is!

Well at least there might be some good sales once it closes down.. At least our WM is converting to a Super Centre. It had better be done soon! They started last December and the place is still a bloody mess!!!!!

v
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Zellers
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think Target is just taking over the leases of many of the Zellers stores. It's probably the condition of the location that's stopping them.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Here, most of the Zellers here are turning to Targets, but a couple are just being turned into Walmarts. I guess it depends on which leases they bought up and which they sold or didn't take.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Theres a list on the blog if you do a search of which ones are reopening in phase one etc. As for the union stuff I wouldnt blame them not wanting to deal with that.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes Sally, that is a like from me! *LOL* I would not doubt either of the statements above. Our Zellers is a dump and yes Target would have to honour the union.... so it is off to Simcoe we go!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Thread Information