User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Robo-Gate 2012 - Phase 3 Rallies April 29th!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

RoboGate: TELL HARPER WE HAVE NO MORE CONFIDENCE IN HIS GOVERNMENT!

It is very important that as many people as possible come out, in order to show how important it is that our politicians respect the democratic institutions that allow them to be in power. Robo-Gate as it is being referred to is being investigated by Elections Canada as it is alleged that Illegal Robo-Calls were dialed during the 2011 Federal Election with the Conservative Government under investigation for the crime in question.

At last tally the automated phone calls were allegedly made in up to 200 ridings. These phone calls were purportedly made on behalf of Elections Canada, when in fact they were not. Fraudulantly representing Elections Canada, in order to suppress voter turnout, is illegal and grossly unethical, and completely undemocratic. Investigations have shown that the calls are directly linked to a company closely associated with the Conservatives campaign.

We must stand together as a Nation and demand accountability, demand answers and demand punishment to the fullest extent of the law should these allegations prove true. While I did mention in another thread that I will be attending the Toronto Rally I wanted to list all of the known rallys here as I believe it deserves it's own thread and can be a place to discuss the protests.

PHASE 3: Rallies are being held across Canada on Sunday April 29th to keep pressure on the Government to hold a Full and Independent Inquiry into the Robo-Call Scandal, more specifically a Royal Commission. So far the only rally being held a different day is in Nelson, Bc, they are holding theirs on Saturday, all others will be held on Sunday April 29. Please look below if interested in joining a Rally near you. You can click on your city of choice to access their facebook page. For anyone wishing to read more information about what the "robo-call" scandal is about, you can visit the following site: The fight for democracy. As well there is now a paper petition for a Royal Commission that you can print off and return to the PO Box provided. These petitions will be gathered and presented in the House of Commons by a Member of Parliament on behalf of Canadians. Click HERE for the petition.

ONTARIO

Toronto - 2:30pm @ Old City Hall

Hamilton - Time TBD @ Gore Park

Ottawa - 12:00pm @ Parliament Hill

Kitchener-Waterloo - 1:00pm @ Kitchener City Hall

Brantford - 1:00pm @ Victoria Park

BRITISH COLUMBIA

Kelowna - 1:00pm @ the stage area of Kerry park

Nelson - 12:00pm @ Nelson city hall on Saturday April 28

Nanaimo - 12:00pm @ Conservative MP James Lunneys office

Vancouver - 5:00pm @ Vancouver Art Gallery

ALBERTA

Edmonton - 2:00pm @ Churchill Square

Calgary - 2:00pm @ Calgary City Hall

NEW BRUNSWICK

Saint John - 2:00pm @ King Square

NOVA SCOTIA

Halifax - 1:00pm @ Parade Square

SASKATCHEWAN

Regina -

MANITOBA

Winnipeg -

QUEBEC

Montreal -

NEWFOUNDLAND

St.Johns -
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Independent
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Apr 23rd, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Zedgirl76 likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Just bumping this up in hopes that others that want to have their voices heard will find a rally near them and take to the streets next Sunday.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I think you need to clarify in your post what the rallies are for. I didn't know until I clicked on the Facebook link that it was re: the robo-calls.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you BlazingDriver, I changed my post to reflect what the rallies are actually about. Silly me assumed since I knew what I was talking about that everyone else would lol Information was added to the start of the post to reflect what it's all about.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Updated the first post to reflect a new organized Rally in Winnipeg. Here is the Toronto Rally poster

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'll wait for the results of the Elections Canada investigation before rushing to judgment.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'll wait for the results of the Elections Canada investigation before rushing to judgment.
    There is nothing wrong with that stance at all DaveP, but...where the heck have you been? I haven't see you around the boards here lately. Glad to see you're on this side of the grass

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    There is nothing wrong with that stance at all DaveP, but...where the heck have you been? I haven't see you around the boards here lately. Glad to see you're on this side of the grass
    Thanks. I just a had a little tiff with Revenue Canada that left us in the poorhouse for a while, so no internet. All better now. I can only assume Harper made a personal call to the tax man and fixed things up for me.

On the topic of the thread, I do want whoever's behind this' head on a platter. I just don't know for sure whose head that is yet.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks. I just a had a little tiff with Revenue Canada that left us in the poorhouse for a while, so no internet. All better now. I can only assume Harper made a personal call to the tax man and fixed things up for me.

On the topic of the thread, I do want whoever's behind this' head on a platter. I just don't know for sure whose head that is yet.

Great to have friends in high places Dave, I was wondering why you hadn't chimed in yet on this topic.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Me too! I want the truth! I can handle the truth! Whichever individual or party responsible should be taken to task, even if by some chance, King Harper is involved.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Totally agree.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Just bumping up to remind everyone that it's just a few days away that folks will gather coast to coast in protest. Kitchener-Waterloo has joined with a Rally poasted as well.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Mar 8th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Let the Rallies begin! Tomorrow, Saturday March 10 is when the first rally (and only Saturday rally) is taking place in Lethdridge, Alberta at Jim Hilyer's Office @ 10:00am.

All other Rallies take place on Sunday, March 11. If planning on sttending a rally please keep in mind that we "Spring Forward" at 2am Sunday morning in many areas of Canada so make sure to adjust your clock before bed or you may be late for your respected rally! lol

I'm hoping to a nice sunny warm day for Sunday in Toronto and thankfully it's looking that way! I encourage anyone that is upset over this scandal to get out and make your voice heard!
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Mar 9th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

have a good rally Tara!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information