User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greencanuck

Thread: Tide sale this week

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

SDM and Safeway (WEST) both have Tide on sale this week $5.99...Safeway advertises 1.77l while SDM flyer doesn't say- just wondering if anyone has been and knows what size the SDM is? I'd like to pick up a couple with the P&G $2 off coupon but am going with my toddler and would love to save myself an extra "just to check" trip... Has anyone seen a better price??

Thanks!
    Alex
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That SDM sale on Tide is only a Sun/Mon sale here in Ontario, so if you want the deal, you have to go before closing tonight.
    It may be different in BC, so really look at that advertisement closely.

In Ontario, SDM had the Tide deal with several sizes, depending on the type of Tide.
    I bought Tide, Free and Gentle ( ie premium type), 2 x 1.18 litre (25 loads) and 1- 1.47 litres (32 loads) normally $11, Sale $5.99- $2 coupon.
    I also got SCOP ( ie free) as the first one did not scan correctly.

Other types of Tide (more normal) seemed to be in very slightly larger load size containers.

At opening on Sunday, about half the displayed containers had freebie sample Tide pods and Downy unstoppable, so I got those on each container that I got.

Summary: normal price $33, I paid $8 and got a bonus 6 freebie samples.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The Tide sale is Sun/Mon for $5.99, the rest of the week its $6.99

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    The Tide sale is Sun/Mon for $5.99, the rest of the week its $6.99
    Ahh.. yes.. fine print in ad !
    I am too cheap to pay more than the best possible price, so did not even get to that part of the ad.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes thanks all...I did realize it ends tonight...thanks green canuck for the size breakdowns - that's helpful...seems like I might get it at safeway then...1.77 litres might be a normal kind/uses but that's fine with me if I get more for my buck! Aaaand I have all week to get there !

Way to go on the scop...what exactly do you say when that happens?? Besides, "it rang through at the wrong price" do you have to remind them of the scop? Thanks again.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2001 View Post
    Way to go on the scop...what exactly do you say when that happens?? Besides, "it rang through at the wrong price" do you have to remind them of the scop? Thanks again.
    I usually just say "SCOP" and read the cashier's face to see if they understand.
    I have never had to explain further, but I always offer to suspend the sale and accompany them back to the display to prove it. ( Other posters have mentioned in the Rant section that store staff have switched tags to not pay SCOP, so I advice you to accompany staff to the display, if you need to prove the issue and keep a copy of the flyer with you.)
    Last edited by greencanuck; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Thread Information