User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By sasksaver

Thread: How does that deal of the week work at EF and RCSS

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

So, the last couple of times I've been through there (including today), the cashier didn't ask me if I wanted the deal of the week. The sign, that located right by them, says if they don't ask, then it's free. They didn't ask, the transaction was over, and I asked if it was free and everytime they look at me like I have two heads and tell me it's not free. The first time the cashier said the transaction wasn't "over" and this time she just stared at me and didn't say anything. Once it happened At RCSS and today at EF.

Am I missing something?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Once they have given you your receipt, the transaction is over. If they haven't asked you, tell them you want it, for FREE because they didn't ask you if you wanted the deal of the week. If they say something like the transaction isn't over, just say yes it is, either you give it to me for free or call the supervisor. The supervisor will give it to you. I get more free stuff because they forget to ask. They are so busy, it's silly to make them tell you about the deal of the week. I bet they give away a lot of free stuff.
    sasksaver likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

Not sure if its just at my local RCSS but some cashiers get right p*ssed if you ask them for it after they have given you your receipt. When they forget they have to call a Supervisor to get you the free item, and they also get a notice in their file each time they forget. Needless to say they don`t forget often

Sasksaver
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I've noticed at my store, they have taken down the signs at the till advertising the deal of the week! Is this happening in other stores as well?
    Insane likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sasksaver View Post
    I've noticed at my store, they have taken down the signs at the till advertising the deal of the week! Is this happening in other stores as well?
    Not every week they run deal of the week and sometimes they run of out deal of the week items.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yensmack View Post
    Not sure if its just at my local RCSS but some cashiers get right p*ssed if you ask them for it after they have given you your receipt. When they forget they have to call a Supervisor to get you the free item, and they also get a notice in their file each time they forget. Needless to say they don`t forget often

That actually is not true. Someone else posted the same thing one time, but this is not the case. They do not get in trouble or anything of the like, so don't be affraid to ask for your FREE item if they forget to ask you to purchase it.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sasksaver View Post
    I noticed the same a few weeks ago.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They do get grief about it. It's a scummy program as far as I'm concerned. Why would the company start such a thing if there are no negative outcomes for when cashiers fail to mention the deal of the week? Look at the bigger picture...why would you want to antagonize the cashier?

Thread Information