User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theweaves_dad

Thread: Brant United Way GIANT Warehouse sale June 2nd 8am-4pm

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

10th annual Giant Warehouse Sale to be held onSaturday, June 2, 2012 at 80 Morton Ave. E., Unit C., Brantford, ON

http://www.brantunitedway.org/news_a...ouse_sale.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

awesome going to see if i can make it this year!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

what is there?
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    what is there?
    Going from previous events, things are donated by Proctor & Gamble, SC Johnson and more. The year I went late in the afternoon, they had Huggies diapers, Ziploc sandwich and freezer bags, OFF insect repellant, Nutella spread and more.

Going by their page this year (link above) donors include: Home Hardware, Dominion Equipment and Chemical, Dure Foods Ltd, Gunther Mele, Mitten, Gunther Mele, P&G, HDB, Premier Tech Home and Garden and SC Johnson. Do not see Ferraro on this years list, but that could change too.

I have heard they usually have Tide detergent and other things too but that stuff goes early. I went in the afternoon and they were blowing it out to sell it. I remember getting the diapers for $3 a bag, an entire CASE of scented candles for $1, an entire CASE of Nutella for $1, Ziploc bags for $1 each... Filled the whole van (back, 2 backs seats and front seat) for just over $100!!

When I went the one year it was totally organized! Wait in line, get your cart, do your shopping. Line up at cash, person unloads your cart, girl rings it up, person at other end is packing empty cart then they walk you out to your car and help you load it all up! I assume they still do it that way!

Even though the sale opens at 8:00 am I think, people start lining up the night before. Yes I am serious! I went by one year at 11:00 pm and there were about 20 people all in their lawn chairs, sleeping bags etc... they are die hard! *LOL*

It is a huge sale but very well run. Even hard Porta Potties outside for if you were camping out. I think they also had a BBQ etc outside...

I might go this year in the afternoon again to see what is left. I went three years ago and still have stuff downstairs from that sale!
    artzyGeal likes this.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Thanks for posting this, I think I am gonna make sure I get to that!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2rjvm2

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If anyone is volunteering at the sale and gets in on Friday for training, please do us a favour and POST ON HERE WHAT IS AVAILABLE AND SOME IDEA OF PRICES!!!!!

Right now I am planning on not going until around 1 or 2 pm possibly 3 as I am only really interested in the stuff that is reduced to around $1 or so.... but if good stuff is there and is cheap, my son might pull the all nighter outside Morton Street (I have to work, he doesn't!).

(Subscribing in hopes that someone leaks the info!)

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by artzyGeal View Post
    That's awesome!! Just bums me out even more that I can't go tho lol
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I looked at the pictures and I saw Nutella, Puffs, Gillette Fusion Razor Blades, I think Head & Shoulders is in the background too. You can download the pictures and then use the zoom feature to zoom in on them... Also there is a picture in today's Expositor showing a woman that won a VIP shopping spree loading up on OFF insect repelllant and it says something about carrying out her favourite soft drink too.

Don't quote me, but I think there were pallets of Huggies in the pics too, just could not zoom in enough to confirm it.

Still hoping someone leaks the info either today or tomorrow. Obviously they are setting up, people are there....... SOMEONE MUST KNOW! *LOL*

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    155 (100%)

no diapers apparently (or atleast not size 5). A co-worker of my husband was given advance tickets to go in last night. there was swiffer pads... DH going to try to find out more details. I will post what I find out.

Razors - 40 for $18
    Nutella - case for $10
    Last edited by t's_mama; Fri, Jun 1st, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

wish i would have been able to make it. my oldest son had a birthday party to attend in the opposite direction. well there is always next year.

Thread Information