User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By abbasgirl

Thread: Can you buy GCs with GCs?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have done this before, but Zellers told me it was fraud
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

You can do it at SDM.. just call head office first if you are nervous
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I have done it at fortino's with PC GC's many a time because they sell heaps of different GC's

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Zellers doesn't allow it... Probably because you get HBC points on all the GCs. So what would be stopping you from getting a $50 GC and continually purchasing a new GC every day to rack up the points.

As for SDM, yep they let it. I have done it a few times.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have also been told at Zellers that it was fraud only to ask for a manager and have the manager tell me that they have in the past had people buy large $$ GC's with stolen credit cards and then purchase new GCs for other stores etc with them. I exclaimed that I was in no way doing that and was still told no - I went to another location - I cashier profiled to a young not caring cashier who did it without any question.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I buy Esso cards with Zellers gift cards all the time. You only get HBC points on cards from other stores, not Zellers, so there's no double dipping. I don't see how it could be fraud if it has money on it and you're using it to make a purchase at an HBC store. If it's fraud to use it to buy a gift card, it's fraud to use it to make any other purchase as well.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I have done this before, but Zellers told me it was fraud
    I know that there is a problem with some people fraudulently obtaining gift cards.
    Not you!
    So Zellers is being super cautious.

At the supermarket where I worked, one year, they pulled some gift cards because there was an issue with fraud.

Buying gift cards with another gift card -- it's at the discretion of the store, unfortunately

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I went to a different Zellers and traded it in no problems
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

a chick at the BCC zellers told me i could trade in my points at customer service and get an HBC gift card... mosey over to the checkouts and use that HBC giftcard to buy other giftcards.

fraud my a$$. when the hell would something like that be fraudulant?? are they going to call the RCMP on you? pfft
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Pretty much, she was a real ^&^%$* about it too - but she also told the elderly customer behind me 'its your own fault if your daughter bought the wrong one, sort it out with her' on a return - so the attitude is just 'her' I guess.

The manager today said there are some you can't buy because of the way the system works but it was 4 really random ones I had never heard of plus paying your HBC credit card bill instore
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Pretty much, she was a real ^&^%$* about it too - but she also told the elderly customer behind me 'its your own fault if your daughter bought the wrong one, sort it out with her' on a return - so the attitude is just 'her' I guess.

The manager today said there are some you can't buy because of the way the system works but it was 4 really random ones I had never heard of plus paying your HBC credit card bill instore
    WHERE do they find these ppl? haha

is there some part in the zellers hiring guide that coaches managers on how to find the crabbiest, nastiest ppl?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Thread Information