User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Store Brand Diapers

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Which store brand diapers have you tried and which do you like or dislike?

I stocked up on diapers when they were on clearance at SDM, and my stock is running out. It seems that the Store Brand diapers are a much better deal, even when huggies and pampers are on sale with coupons. So far I have only seen coupons for $3 to max $5 off of diapers, if anyone can point out where I can find the better coupons I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Pampers, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    lavenderplum likes this.

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

The only ones I've heard people talk about positively are the Kirkland brand (costco).

I've never personally tried any myself, except someone gave us some sort of ethnic (don't know if that's the right word, but they had different writing on them-not a language I reconized) diapers (not sure on the brand name) and they were HORRENDOUS

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

There are some that will swear by Kirkland brand diapers. I personally have only had luck with Huggies. I think you will need to try a few since it would depend on the fit.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I really like the Teddy's choice from Superstore/Loblaws chain stores, though you may need to buy a size larger if your baby is getting to the end of their current size. A couple of months ago, they were on for $6.49 a Mega pack!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I really like the Teddy's choice from Superstore/Loblaws chain stores, though you may need to buy a size larger if your baby is getting to the end of their current size. A couple of months ago, they were on for $6.49 a Mega pack!
    I loved these too when my kids were in diapers. I had more problems with Huggies and pampers leaking than I did with these. They did leak when it was time to move to a larger size.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I think that the Kirkland diapers are made by one of the big companies.
    I think Costco's quality control is the reason why some swear by it.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

add another vote for teddys choice

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

teddys choice gives my son a rash that can only be cured with prescription lamisil. it was a welted over awful thing. huggies do the same thing. the only diaper he can use are pampers and i find they are amazing and never ever leak anyhow. i also can only use pampers wipes. im not sure what other additives are in other products but his skin reacts very badly to anything except pampers
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I prefer pampers, but am very, very tired of the pricetag!! I have tried teddy's choice diapers and training pants and find them ok, will buy again. My sister had bad experience with Canadian parents choice diapers, but likes the American parents choice/ Not sure if you ever go to the US or not, but I like the luvs there as well. I had tried the target brand, but I don't recommend them for hot weather. My kids got rashes.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All depends on your baby and their body shape. I used the Huggies ones and always had a mess to clean up because it would run down their legs. I tried the Teddy's Choice ones and my kids would get sores on the tops of their legs from the tabs. The ones I got from Metro fell apart....I did not like the Kirkland ones because they would pee in it once and the diaper felt weird. Ended up using Pampers and cotton ones.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree that it depends on the kid. Huggies do not fit my kids at all so Kirkland don't fit either because they are the same. I hated the feel of Teddy's Choice. I used Parent's Choice almost exclusively for my first daughter and have used them with my second. I usually just wait for the biggest box of Pampers to go on sale at Walmart and use a coupon for them to bring the cost down.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I tried the rexall brand and found they had a unpleasant odor. Tried the lifebrand from shoppers and they leaked i had to get up through the night to change her clothing. So far pampers has worked the best for us. Huggies she got a nasty rash from.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My first choice is cloth...that has saved us tons of money in the long run. They are not for everyone. We use disposables overnight and when cloth isn't practical. Since we don't use tons of disposables usually a sale and coupies will work best for saving $$$. However, I do give a vote to Costco's Kirkland...unless your child is on the low end of a Pampers or Huggies size 3 then their 1-2 is not big enough and the 3 is too big.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my own opinion, (will go by list for favs)
    Pampers is first on my list
    Now for store brand; I go for teddy's choice; 2nd is SDM baby life.
    I am in the verge of buying training pants now, so i'm about to start trying name brand and store brand products and shop around until i can find a perfect pant, been thinking of store brand but i wonder if teddys choice has easy open sides like huggies do, but parent's choice from WM has open sides which is great and much cheaper but i got to see how good it is in quality. Later on i will post here about store brand training pants.
    Code:

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I quite like costco for my bubble-bum toddler. They fit her shape very well. Huggies Little Movers are right up there too.

When my skinny mini 5 year old word diapers she fit in pampers diapers perfectly.

It's very kid dependent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information