User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: SOF Oasis juice boxes deal

  1. #31
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    62
    Likes Received
    41
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    Impose a limit? Make it one coupon per person? Are you people thinking clearly or just angry you did not get the deals? We are couponers. Wen tey deals are to be had we stock up and buy a 2 year suppy (at least i do) If a limit was imposed I would go somewhere else and shop. I am not into saving $1 I am into saving hundreds of dollars. Just my opinion.

  2. #32
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,681
    Likes Received
    3175
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)



    I agree - limits need to be imposed so that the savings can be shared by EVERYONE who would like them, not just the select few who clear shelves and then force stores to pull sales because of lack of stock.

    SOF has limited numbers of purchases before on their coupons - recently, too, I think was formula? or diapers? $10 off and the limit was 2. I think it's totally fair.

  3. #33
    Missioncoupons
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Deroche, BC
    Posts
    92
    Likes Received
    7
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Last edited by missioncoupons; Sun, May 20th, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: sale over

  4. #34
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6344
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    i'm not surprised the sale was pulled.. it was a heck of a good sale.. pretty much too good to be true!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  5. #35
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6344
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    and i agree they should have put a reasonable limit on the coupon (say under 10), they have put limits on coupons in the past i was surprised there was no limit on this coupon
    BuggaBugga and DianneS like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  6. #36
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC
    Posts
    424
    Likes Received
    51
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)



    Totally agree with limits also. But in the absence of limits you can't be surprised if people stock up on a heck of a good deal! If you have a couple of little ones at home you can go through a whole lot of juice boxes! Not too surprised that people bought 40 or more!

    You also only needed one coupon on this one. One coupon took the $1 off of all of the packs purchased in a single transaction.

    The sad part..........I wanted to go and take advantage of the deal on the Aylmer's tomatoes but I'm too afraid to go back to the store in case the mean one is there!

  7. #37
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    3,802
    Likes Received
    3604
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by fraaazer View Post
    Impose a limit? Make it one coupon per person? Are you people thinking clearly or just angry you did not get the deals? We are couponers. Wen tey deals are to be had we stock up and buy a 2 year suppy (at least i do) If a limit was imposed I would go somewhere else and shop. I am not into saving $1 I am into saving hundreds of dollars. Just my opinion.

    I'm not angry about not getting juice....there will always be other sales. I personally think that when we take a store coupon and buy dozens of packages, thus clearing out the shelves for other customers and frustrating the store staff, that there are consequences. I am willing to bet that the consequence to this particular scenario is that there will be quantity limits on the very generous SOF e-mail coupons. Personally, I am happy with that. Please keep in mind that with a store coupon, the retailer is not getting reimbursed. I think a little common sense goes a long ways in keeping the great deals that are out there 'on the table'. I think my suggestion of a limit of six per customer is reasonable. Juice doesn't last for two years away.
    hijinx25 likes this.

  8. #38
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6344
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    i agree with DiannaS, juice has an expiry date on it and won't last sitting on the shelf for 2yrs! most things like juice have a 6-8 month expiry on them
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  9. #39
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    419
    Likes Received
    43
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by sgnocato View Post
    On my way home from work last night I stopped at the Save On Foods in Fleetwood and they were out of stock so I got a raincheck. Then, I also stopped at the one in Coquitlam and they had them in stock so I was able to get a few.

    Today, on my way out I went to the SOF in Poco. They were no longer on sale. I went to customer service and asked if you were able to use a raincheck from one store at another store (they had lots in stock in Poco). She said I could use the raincheck and that head office had pulled the sale due to people taking too many.

    I then went through one of the WORST experiences in my shopping life! She spent the next little while making me feel as guilty as possible for trying to take them up on their 25 cent juice deal! Calling the other store, giving me a talking to in front of all of the other customers, making numerous accusations.......

    After 20 to 30 minutes of this (just attempting to buy juice!) I snapped! I told her, quite loudly, over and over again that I have never been so humiliated in my life etc. etc. etc. She apologized a few times but not enough at that point! It was all quite ridiculous.

    Long story short........the sale is over as they realized what they did wrong!
    I am pretty sure I have dealt with that exact same Customer Service person. She is argumentative, rude and loud and I have no idea why a woman like that would be in Customer Service.

  10. #40
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,701
    Likes Received
    2646
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    The sale price at least in the Save On Foods in Red Deer at the 67 St location is $1.99-$1.00 coupon=$0.99.

  11. #41
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC
    Posts
    424
    Likes Received
    51
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by gradin123 View Post
    I am pretty sure I have dealt with that exact same Customer Service person. She is argumentative, rude and loud and I have no idea why a woman like that would be in Customer Service.
    Her name is Vivian. Trust me, I have written it down for when I contact the store this week - figured there's no point in contacting them on the long weekend. She actually brought me to tears which is not really easy to do......I have pretty thick skin!

  12. #42
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    136
    Likes Received
    39
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I'm not angry about not getting juice....there will always be other sales. I personally think that when we take a store coupon and buy dozens of packages, thus clearing out the shelves for other customers and frustrating the store staff, that there are consequences. I am willing to bet that the consequence to this particular scenario is that there will be quantity limits on the very generous SOF e-mail coupons. Personally, I am happy with that. Please keep in mind that with a store coupon, the retailer is not getting reimbursed. I think a little common sense goes a long ways in keeping the great deals that are out there 'on the table'. I think my suggestion of a limit of six per customer is reasonable. Juice doesn't last for two years away.
    Kindof looks like SOF forgot to set the limit with this coupon?
    SOF coupons usually have a limit of 4 for each coupon, I'm guessing why they pulled the sale?

  13. #43
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,681
    Likes Received
    3175
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    The sale price at least in the Save On Foods in Red Deer at the 67 St location is $1.99-$1.00 coupon=$0.99.
    That's starting today ... I think it's like that in all SOFs. This past week it was on sale for $1.25 - so minus the store coupon, it made them $0.25. Still, for $0.99, a great deal! I will be buying some at this price. Can even stack with my Oasis coupons!

  14. #44
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    46
    Likes Received
    2
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)


    Quote Originally Posted by klegrow View Post
    I thought that to so before I loaded up my basket I asked the manager and he said I needed 1 coupon printed per package...
    I guess this might vary store to store - depending on how they set their registers up, although it shouldn't be this way? i used it the other day and had the same question. i asked at customer service and she said she thought one was good for multiple amounts as the system will simply record the offer and apply to any good applicable. When I went through the till it indeed worked this way...so glad I could save paper and just use coupon! I'm in Burnaby...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •