User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prom Dresses

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Hi Everyone... Prom is just around the corner so the hunt for the perfect dress is well underway.. the only problem, aside from my daughter being indecisive? They all cost between $200-$300! Insane! So... does anyone have any suggestions where to find nice dresses for a reasonable price?

GTA area.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

danijela
    Trading Score
    85 (100%)

do u have sears outline? or buy a used one

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

try orfus road, where all the outlets are.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

D'oh!! Orfus Road! I hadn't thought of that. I went to Dixie Outlet Mall and came up empty handed today but I'll try Orfus tomorrow.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I paid $500 for mine at My Fair Lady. My sister got hers online. hers was around $400, but you can get cheaper ones. She got it from TJ formals.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Le Chateau? Winners?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I purchased my new hand beaded grad gown for $400 in 2004. I just bought my wedding gown as a sample and therefore got it for 70% off. I found it interesting that my beautiful wedding gown cost me about $550.

You might be able to get the grad gown from a bridal shop when they have the sampe sales. The brides maid dresses are often discounted at the same time. The day of the sale when I purchased my wedding gown I saw two full racks of new bride's maids gowns on sale for $20 each. It might be worth checking out.

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

there is a le chateau on dundas....across the street from the dunwin center(delta bingo) They have a huge store and a huge range of dresses and prices!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

This year fairweather has some nice dresses, although theres no guarantee for uniqueness =S

i got mine at a bridal store as well but it was a particular Maggie Sottero gown that I picked out from a magazine and had to track down all the way to markham. it was $350 but i had to pay extra to get it custom tailored (size 12 dress whittled down to size 4)
    with Wagjag(http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9), I've saved @ Umbra store, Windsor Arms Hotel (Afternoon Tea), Fairmont Royal York Hotel Library Bar, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Hero Burgers, Menchies Frozen Yogurt, AND Curves Fitness! YOU CAN TOO!

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

City TV had a special on yesterdays 6 oclock news about a place in Toronto with Prom dresses and suits for guys thats really cheap check out their website i found it
    http://insidethedream.org/
    Totals Savings for 2010 So Far...... $ 100.73.. i'm still new LOL

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (96%)

We are doing the grad thing too with my step daughter. Pictures were a fortune.

We gave her a $300 budget for a dress and shoes. She went shopping with her Mom and then called us to pay a $300 deposit, we did. I just paid another $170 for the (went to every bridal store) rest of the dress since her mom is MIA again. Since then she has seen dresses she loves at La Chateau, Winners, and a few other mall stores... way cheaper.

Plus shoes and a purse $50 (found on sale).

We finally told my stepdaughter that she has to pay for her hair and makeup and her portion of the limo (I recently got laid off). Those were apparently things her mom promised to buy her... chances are we will end up paying for everything.

Wow, thanks for letting me use your post to vent...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought two dresses suitable for prom at US$59 each and another two at US$99 just this weekend. I would suggest HauteLook and would be happy to send you an invitation to join. I am also a member on other similar sites.

The sites I belong to usually charge about US$10 for shipping. Some of them take care of all import matters; others ship using USPS (Canada Post only charges $5 for import matters). Don't go with anyone who ships via UPS; UPS once charged me around $20 for a dress that cost me US$20.

Let me know if you would like more information and would like an invitation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Oh YES cant believe I forgot to share this gem:

http://fashioncrimes.ca/

it's a store on queen street, DRESS HEAVEN!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!! all the dresses are wellmade and gorgeous, and although a bit pricey, they have a sale section full of goodies!! try your luck or at least go and get inspired!! THEY HAVE EVERYTHING!!!
    with Wagjag(http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9), I've saved @ Umbra store, Windsor Arms Hotel (Afternoon Tea), Fairmont Royal York Hotel Library Bar, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Hero Burgers, Menchies Frozen Yogurt, AND Curves Fitness! YOU CAN TOO!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Try La Chateau in the mall. They have some great deals on really nice prom dresses if you are looking for some a bit cheaper. Or even some other stores in the mall have nice dresses on good prices.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Butt3rCooki3 View Post
    i just had to go and follow that link, now i am hoping that they can ship to bc, as i love love love one of the dresses

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information