User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Computer woes, computer wizards.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I used to have tabs that would go back a page, refresh tab, swag bucks search and a bunch of other stuff but they are gone. Not sure how to fix it and I am getting used to it now that I have figured out a few more things about it. Miss my swag buck search though as I tried downloading it again and it won't work. Think I will just live with it for now.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I used to have tabs that would go back a page, refresh tab, swag bucks search and a bunch of other stuff but they are gone. Not sure how to fix it and I am getting used to it now that I have figured out a few more things about it. Miss my swag buck search though as I tried downloading it again and it won't work. Think I will just live with it for now.
    Sounds like you have to turn your toolbars back on - or you're in 'full screen' mode. Not a big deal to fix. Which browser are you using?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Sounds like you have to turn your toolbars back on - or you're in 'full screen' mode. Not a big deal to fix. Which browser are you using?
    I forgot about fullscreen, hit F11 to switch back and forth. Another 'tip' some people don't know about is that you can press cntrl+ or cntrl- to zoom in or out. If you use a high resolution monitor things can get pretty tiny if you don't use this.
    DaveP likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Formatting your hard drive and reinstalling windows is always an option to keep in mind. It can be a huge pain, or fairly easy depending how much is important on your computer. The great thing about a clean install is that it restores your computer to the day you bought it. The most important thing if you're going to format is to make sure you already have or know where to get all the drivers you need. You should have a disc that came with your motherboard that has all the drivers you need to get started, everything else you can get online and it will probably be a newer driver anyway. Just keep in mind you may need a driver for your motherboard just to be able to get online. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it is, if you have the discs that came with your computer it should be no problem at all.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muggos0101 View Post
    Another 'tip' some people don't know about is that you can press cntrl+ or cntrl- to zoom in or out. If you use a high resolution monitor things can get pretty tiny if you don't use this.
    Tip backatcha - you can use Ctrl and the scroll wheel on your mouse for the same effect.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Tip backatcha - you can use Ctrl and the scroll wheel on your mouse for the same effect.
    I loves me some scrollin! http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/gaming...ing-mouse-g700

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I love this thread, thank you to everyone who contributes. It makes a computer illiterate dummy like me feel smart. Question...

How do I take a screen shot? I have tried before, but nothing happens, at least I can't add the shot to my post. How do I do this?

Thanking you in advance
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  11.1 KB

Very easy. Just hit the 'ctrl' and the 'prnt scrn' keys and you've taken a screen shot. Then open your paint program (click your start menu, then click 'all programs, then accesories and click paint). Then paste your screenshot (ctrl+v or right click and choose paste). Then you can save it (or edit it first if you want), then you can upload it from your hardrive like I did at the top of this post.
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, Jul 16th, 2012 at 04:46 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluerose View Post
    Good idea Dave I like to use this ,my neighbor uses it also ,but on his wifes old laptop it just made things slower.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
    It's time to completely fix your slow PC!
    Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. With over 100 MILLION downloads since 2006, this fantastic, award-winning, free PC repair software is a "must-have" tool for your computer. 100% safe with no adware, spyware, or viruses; a PC maintenance program that's incredibly easy to use.
    Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you – for free!
    My computer has been running really slow and crashing a lot lately. I tried scanning for viruses and malware, running CCleaner and defragmenting my hard drive. But nothing worked. I thought I was going to have to reformat my hard drive and start over. But then I remembered your post. So I hunted down this thread and downloaded the program. It fixed thousands of errors and security issues and my computer is working again!!!
    Last edited by abbasgirl; Sat, Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

OK, I don't know if this will make sense but probably once a day (if not more), my scroll pad stops working (on my laptop).

A picture of an X'd hand with the scroll pad will come up and my laptop won't let me scroll unless I turn it off and turn it back on.
    Does anyone know what's causing this? Thanks!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I have another couple of questions. one I continue to have a USB Device Not Recognized with an yellow explanation mark 'pop up' keeps coming up. I dont' have anything plugged in any where why is it popping up?
    also Im trying to check my email however MSN is telling me something is 'wrong' and to find out I have to click on this .. that and the other thing.. is this safe? has anyone seen this. can I trust this. i need to check my emails. you can PM me if necessary on here. otherwise feel free to answer here.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

can someone help me ASAP please.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A screenshot of the message might help people know, if you mouse over it, it should say where the link is going, if it doesnt look legit, I wouldnt click it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I have another couple of questions. one I continue to have a USB Device Not Recognized with an yellow explanation mark 'pop up' keeps coming up. I dont' have anything plugged in any where why is it popping up?
    also Im trying to check my email however MSN is telling me something is 'wrong' and to find out I have to click on this .. that and the other thing.. is this safe? has anyone seen this. can I trust this. i need to check my emails. you can PM me if necessary on here. otherwise feel free to answer here.
    Click start, type 'device manager'. Do the yellow explanation marks appear there? Try right clicking to install a driver from windows.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

nope no explanation marks.not sure how to install a driver.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information