User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Gazpache
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Blue Cross health plans.. worth it?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wasn't sure which forum this post should go. Please move it if necessary.

I'm not talking about travel health insurance. The plans where you get Ambulance, physiotherapy etc. The plan I'm considering includes ambulance, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, coverage for splints, braces, psychological counseling etc.. Anyways I do not have any insurance. I have gone for free physiotherapy through the hospitals. The hand therapists are at a hospital on the other side of the city, and with some health and other issues, I don't always feel up to traveling that far by taking 3 buses. There is a hand therapist much closer but I would need some type of coverage (the plan would cover 80% of the cost and up to a certain amount per year for physio etc).The plan I'm thinking of getting is under $20 a month.

I was wondering if anyone else has insurance plans and do you think it's worth it? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's an awesome price!
    What about prescription coverage? Is that extra?
    Just make sure there aren't exclusions for 'pre-existing conditions'. When we didn't have insurance and looked into it, there were things I couldn't get covered for - or had to pay much more for - since I did. It was a while ago, so I don't remember the rates.

We have insurance through my husband's work, but it covers much more... actually more than we need, but it's there. We're paying $160 per month for us as a couple.
    BTW, I'm in SK.
    toban likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm currently with Blue Cross. I've got the "Gen X" plan. I haven't had any issues with them... they've always paid me back promptly, and if they've refused a claim they send a paper explaining exactly why it got refused. I've had to call their centre here in winnipeg to get some assistance with a few things and everybody I've spoken to there is really nice and friendly. Now, granted, I was dealing with Manitoba Blue Cross. I think every province has their own division of the company.
    toban likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Natalka and Gazpache With this plan they don't require a medical assessment or medical forms to be filled to qualify. You just fill out the form and that is it. It takes 3 months before the insurance comes into effect. It covers $160 a year in prescriptions. It only covers accidental dental otherwise no dental plan. I'm okay with that. My teeth are good so I go twice a year to the dentist for a check up. I think the main thing I want for is ambulance and physiotherapy. For physiotherapy, nutritional and psychology counseling it covers up to $450.00 each a year. This is Manitoba Blue Cross. Medi-Blue Plan.
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I believe Blue Cross in Ontario changed its name to Liberty Health for its medical insurance plans a few years ago. Whoops, it looks like Liberty Health is now run as CoverMe through ManuLife!http://www.coverme.com/
    Hmm, there is an Ontario Blue Cross. http://www.useblue.com/assurance-san...ctions.en.html

I know that CAA is offering health insurance plans too through ManuLife Insurance. http://www.caasco.com/Insurance/Pers...Insurance.aspx

Not that I'm in a position to buy any insurance (dental would be funky glamourous to have but in my dreams at present), there is much reading to do in considering insurance. The fine print that each client would be expected to know in a health situation whether capable of speaking for self or not...
    ssbean likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The company I work with uses Blue Cross and it's awesome! I use it to get monthly massages

Thread Information