User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trouble stacking Dove WUB2 coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi guys,

I have two DIFFERENT dove coupons with different codes; they both are for $2off wub 2 different product lines (i.e. bodywash and deodorant)...=$4 off....

At LD last week I bought 2 deodorant and 2 body wash; put one deodorant with one bodywash on the counter together (so they could see the 2 different product lines) and put 2 different coded coupons with EACH item; i.e. $4 off each = FREE as they were 3.99.

But they would only take one "set" of coupons (one of each different coded coupon) for all 4 items = $4 off total. Still a good deal but somehow I thought it would work out differently. I didn't want to make a fuss so I didn't say anything but...

What did I do wrong? Was this not possible? If it is possible ( I have a couple more of each coupon) can I return these ones and try it again next time it comes on sale?

Many thanks!
    Alex
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Alex from what branch did you try to stack? From what I read, you did it right. Did you ask thr cashier why he can't accept all your coupons? Some staff aren't knowledgable with their coupon policy so it's really best to call the attention of the manager. I done some stacking few weeks ago and had no problem. Unless they made a change with their policy. You can always contact their customer support thru phone and email and they will answer you as soon as they can.

ellis123
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I am still learning how to stack coupons! Does Walmart allow stacking?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

If each product is 3.99$, then 2 of them need 4 of diff. upc of Doves, you will need 2 sets of 4 diff. upc of Doves in order to get 4 Doves free.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cgirl View Post
    Hi Alex from what branch did you try to stack? From what I read, you did it right. Did you ask thr cashier why he can't accept all your coupons? Some staff aren't knowledgable with their coupon policy so it's really best to call the attention of the manager. I done some stacking few weeks ago and had no problem. Unless they made a change with their policy. You can always contact their customer support thru phone and email and they will answer you as soon as they can.
    It was an LD in Burnaby...she said they DO stack but that I couldn't use this particular stack on each...not sure why and I didn't want to make a big deal out of it - but I still can't understand it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ellis123 View Post
    I am still learning how to stack coupons! Does Walmart allow stacking?
    Hi, no Walmart does not stack...they will only take one coupon per item. But Save on Foods does too if you have one...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by le1948 View Post
    If each product is 3.99$, then 2 of them need 4 of diff. upc of Doves, you will need 2 sets of 4 diff. upc of Doves in order to get 4 Doves free.
    Oh gosh le1948 thanks for your reply but I am so confused...can you help? how would I set this up on the counter for the cashier? Let's just say I was getting one deo and one body wash....If you can help I'd be very grateful.
    Cheers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Do you have 4 diff. upc of Doves' coupons?? 4 of Doves coupons that has diff. upc codes? if you don't then you would not get them for three.The total stacking coupons value has to cover the cost of the products then you can have them free. You only had 2 coupons the total value of them only 4.00$ thus not cover the total value of 2 X 3.99 products. If you have 3 diff. upcs you can take this week's Safeway flyer to price match in S.O.F.( most of S.O.f. would pricematch Safeway) or PriceSmart , Safeway has Doves body wash onsale for 3.00 ,so one lady's body wash with one men's body wash then you can have them free because 3 of the Doves coupon add up to 6.00$. If you only have 2 diff. upc of Doves, Safeway has Doves' bar soap on sale for 2.00$, pick one lady' bar soap & 1 men's bar soap you can have them free, because 2 of the Doves B2G2.00 off equals 4.00$ just cover the 2 soaps that you are buying, only to pay taxes. I'm trying, hope you now understand stacking a little better.
    Last edited by le1948; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by le1948 View Post
    Do you have 4 diff. upc of Doves' coupons?? 4 of Doves coupons that has diff. upc codes? if you don't then you would not get them for three.The total stacking coupons value has to cover the cost of the products then you can have them free. You only had 2 coupons the total value of them only 4.00$ thus not cover the total value of 2 X 3.99 products. If you have 3 diff. upcs you can take this week's Safeway flyer to price match in S.O.F.( most of S.O.f. would pricematch Safeway) or PriceSmart , Safeway has Doves body wash onsale for 3.00 ,so one lady's body wash with one men's body wash then you can have them free because 3 of the Doves coupon add up to 6.00$. If you only have 2 diff. upc of Doves, Safeway has Doves' bar soap on sale for 2.00$, pick one lady' bar soap & 1 men's bar soap you can have them free, because 2 of the Doves B2G2.00 off equals 4.00$ just cover the 2 soaps that you are buying, only to pay taxes. I'm trying, hope you now understand stacking a little better.
    Thanks for explaining..I have stacked before but simple stacks..these ones that say wub 2 different products seems more confusing. Because I did have 2 different coupons totalling $4 for each product...anyway...I will try the SF pricematch. Thanks again for your help!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Since you have 2 diff upc codes, you should be able to stack these coupons and have $8 off for the whole transactio paying 7.96+taxes for two deo and two body wash.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SAve on do stacking but the coupons should be from different sources. Ex. One from insert, one from tear pad and one print out. 2 diff codes from tearpads cannot be stack.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2001 View Post
    Thanks for explaining..I have stacked before but simple stacks..these ones that say wub 2 different products seems more confusing. Because I did have 2 different coupons totalling $4 for each product...anyway...I will try the SF pricematch. Thanks again for your help!
    For the Doves B2G2.00 off coupons, you can not count each products with 2 diff. upcs, you have to count 2 diff. products with how many diff. UPCs of Doves' coupons that you use so the product are free, or you pay 2.00$, or you pay 4.00$
    Last edited by le1948; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cgirl View Post
    Since you have 2 diff upc codes, you should be able to stack these coupons and have $8 off for the whole transactio paying 7.96+taxes for two deo and two body wash.

Right that's what I thought -so if I only had ONE deo and one bodywash, i.e. 2 different products wouldn't that mean $8 off transaction=free?? Sorry, i'm obviously not getting it...not to worry...I'll try again and figure it out. Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I am looking at it and it took a second to see what was wrong. You can only use 1 of each coupon for each (deodorant+bodywash) group for a total of $4 of each group so that is about 1/2 price. Not 1 of each coupon to each product, because they are WUB2 coupons.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Alex it's not free. As carmaneletric said, you still have to pay 50% of it plus taxes. 3.99x4=15.96-$8 worth of coupons=7.96 which means you have to pay 7.96 plus taxes for your transaction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information