User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at Walmart with 3 Palmolive coupons for a dollar off each.. The cashier would only take 1 because it stated "one per purchase". I said I am purchasing 3 and have 1 coupon per purchase but still after bringing in her supervisor I still was only allowed to use 1. She told me that it meant per transaction or trip to the store. I checked the Walmart policy and to me it isn't clearly stated who is right. It seems a little open to interpretation of what "one per purchase" means.

It was a little frustrating to say the least. I have now had this happen to me at both the Sherwood Park locations. I'm not sure if I'm not understanding the policies or if I am even in the right.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's not really a coupon policy issue, it's an English comprehension issue.

Try speaking with a manger or at customer service. Purchase and transaction are not the same thing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did get the supervisor from customer service when the cashier wouldn't take them. She was the one who said per trip to store. Maybe next time I will ask for the store manager. Thanks

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I would make a quick call the WM head office, get the persons name you speak to, then make another trip to the store. When they refuse your coupons again, just tell them to call ::: at HO as you have already spoken to them and were advised that what you are doing is correct. Request the names of both the cashier and the CSM and tell them that you will forward their names to HO as it is obvious they are not trained correctly. You are absolutley able to use 1 coupon for each item you are purchasing UNLESS the coupon states 1 coupon per purchase PER PERSON, then they can argue with you and they would probably wi.

I have had this discussion several times over the years, and it never goes away so get used to fighting for what is right. It's sad that we have to argue for what is correct, but it's true. Just remember not to belittle anyone or be rude. You always catch more flies with honey than vinigar
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Last week at Maxi i had the same problem asked to speak to the manager,he said the same thing one per purchase.Trying to explain to them is like pulling teeth.I end up walking out left everything on the counter.

I ended up at Walmart pm to Maxi,cashier said the same thing.I told her it's one per purchase not transactionI got my 6 bottle of Resolve
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Thread Information