User Tag List

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

Hello, i read an article on moneyville.ca today and wondering if someone could confirm this is true for Ontario

http://www.moneyville.ca/blog/post/1...ation-pay?bn=1

Point # 3.

If this is true in Ontario does that mean upon my return to work, i am eligible for my 160 hours of vacation time I accrue during the year? Last time I was on maternity leave I did receive this but this time my work is telling me im eligible for 2 weeks of UNPAID vacation time.

Im lost....

Thank you for your help
    Melissa
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I hope someone can answer for you. I know in BC that being on mat leave you still accrue your regular vacation time - I was off for one year and when I can back there was 3 months left in the calendar year and I was able to use up my 2 weeks holiday that I would have normally had during the year.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can take the time whenever you want pretty much, but if you have not accrued enough vacation dollars, you will not receive the money. You are still entitled to the time, but the money is earned at a rate of 4% a week. To get the full 2 weeks worth of money, one would have to work 50 weeks first. I think it is different for those that make a salary and it is for sure different for those that are paid out the money weekly or that get a lump sum payout.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I did get my vacation time (paid) -- but I'm unionized & I needed to use it during the time seat out (eg we are July 1st - June 30th) -- I couldn't use it the following "year".

First kiddo used it before I went on leave (July 1st - 15th), second kiddo I used the 3 weeks after I returned to work, but before June 30th.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I live in Ontario and got paid 2 weeks vacation pay after my Mat Leave was up and I resigned. My employer said that I was still entitled to 2 weeks even though I never returned to work. Ended up messing up my EI claim since my vacation pay was paid out during the last few weeks of my EI benefits. For some reason EI added my vacation pay into my previous year's earnings even though I explained that it was the current years vacation pay. I am now going to have to adjust my 2010 and my 2011 taxes since EI sent me 2 adjusted T4Es.

Thread Information