User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lizzie bargain
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: Accommodation Help Needed

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hey all, my family and I are driving out to Calgary in August to visit other family. There are 4 adults, 1 child and 1 baby in our party and Im having a heck of a time trying to find us somewhere to stay.

We've looked at getting 2 hotel rooms and through one of those deal sites I can get the Glenmore Inn and Convention Centre (2 Tower Rooms) for $1200 for 5 nights.

I've looked into vacation homes, but am totally clueless on how they work.

If anyone knows of any hotels with family suites or vacation rental places we could look at I would really appreciate the help.

On top of that, if anyone has any tips on Driving from Victoria, BC to Calgary (in a day) I would love to hear those too!!

TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Even the ride from Vancouver to Calgary is a 10-12 hr day without adding on the ferry from Victoria so particularily with children it would be more enjoybable to stop for a night half way. Which week in August are you coming so I can see if I know of someone who might be away. I would suggest you put an ad on Kijiji Calgary under short term rental and state you are looking for a house for a week or someone looking to do a housetrade to Victoria if you are interested in that. You can also look at homeexchange.com to look for people who might like to do a house trade from Calgary to Victoria-go to advanced search and look for people who wish to come to Victoria.
    MyCupcake likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Calgary has Bed and Breakfasts listed here http://www.bbcanada.com/alberta/calgary_area/calgary
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Jun 18th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    MyCupcake likes this.

Thread Information