User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Ever heard the saying " if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'd probably come out with something like "Glad you ladies are so well-off that you don't need to watch your budget when it comes to feeding a family. Maybe with all your extra money you could purchase some etiquette classes or perhaps a BUTTON FOR YOUR LIP."

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    I fully understand how you feel. While I was starting to teach my autistic son how to act in public (and we are still working on it) I use to get smarky comments how I was a bad parent and how I can't control my child. Well...I loudly yelled back at them that maybe if they donated more money towards autism research then I wouldn't have this problem. Moral of my post....screw those who don't understand...love the savings you got and everyone on SC here will appreciate and enjoy your savings!!!!
    Yikes, aren't there enough awareness ads and walks and all of that for people to be aware enough of disabilities and things like autism to go "Hmm, maybe that kid is autistic" and not be a snarky-arse?

The only time I give sideways looks to parents is when their kid is just being a total menace and they're sitting there as if it's not their kid and they are not responsible for them, and I'm sure you're not doing that at all. I really don't know what autism is like because I don't have anyone close who has it, but I assume trying to teach an autistic child about public behavior is like trying to litter train a cat in a thunderstorm, an absolutely stressful situation for the kid with twists and turns and surprises that just cause panic and extreme discomfort.

Good thoughts to you and your son for the future

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

i GOT THOSE PPL BEFORE .. but I look at what I have accomplished and i feel realieved !!! ... with the Protain bars coupon I had save some money already .. My hubby came the other day and said: "Do we have some of those Portain Bars (which I had but I hide it on him lol), because I don't have protain anymore and I can't go buy any yest .. and I was LIKE "yes we do" .. so now he does not have to spend money and thats when I remenber why do I love couponing ! and aLL the money I have saved !

Don't mind the haters they are just loosing money and we are "making" money
    carlyincanada and Wendark like this.
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Good for you Harbie!! Be proud of yourself & all the savings & what you can do with the savings like vacations etc.....I'd say well, using coupons I have more money left in my wallet than you! LOL (speaking to the ladies). haha
    Wendark likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it bad that i'm always secretly happy when a man gets behind me in line when i'm couponing/price matching?! hahah they ALWAYS never say anything or are like "how did you save all that money!" I'm glad you were still able to get what you wanted - who cares about others = you are saving money for you
    Wendark likes this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

As I have said before- I try to be super organized so that my time at the register is limited and to keep on great terms with the store staff.

That said- price-matching and couponing ALWAYS take more time, so I try to warn anyone who lines up behind me.
    About 70% of people move to a different register, 15% stay and are mildly unpleasant about it ( ie muttering, asking how long it will take, etc) another 15% stay and are really interested ( How do you do that ? How much do you save? Any tips? )

Yesterday, I also coupon- fairyed the cashier and the people in front and behind me, as well as taking an extra 45 minutes to distribute coupons (hundreds) all over the store ( on shelf with correct products)
    Wendark likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Apparently they haven't seen anyone's cart at Costco.
    Wendark and SharonMe like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thank everyone. Like I said I normally cou;dn't give a poop when stuff like that happens but yesterday was just the wrong day to mess with me lol

I've had people roll their eyes and do things like sigh, and tap either their fingers or foot but I have never had people being so loud as to get people to turn and look at me ( I was wondering why the people behind them were staring at me but I didn't listen to them at that point so I had no idea). Let's just say theu were lucky DH wsn't with me. He's not so quiet about stuff like that

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

They are such steriotypical jealous people. Happy to hear to kept your composure... I can just picture their open mouths as you tell them that they are rude! So funny, maybe they will think twice before they judge other peoples lives.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Harbie, I think you showed great composure. I am known as the "calm one" in my family, but I think I would have told them off. In fact, I know I would have told them off.

I am the one who pumps the gas because the fumes make dh naseuous. I once had a woman at the next island loudly exclaim that it was rude for my husband to sit inside the vehicle and make me do the dirty work. I told her to mind her own fn business. I think she quickly realized that I was not sone meek little wench being made to do the work. My husband was killing himself laughing when I climbed back in.
    harbie, walkonby, SharonMe and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Honestly, you have to wear armour to coupon these days.
    If you're lucky enough to get a nice cashier, you have to deal with nasty customers.
    Personally, I'd take the former anyday.
    You did great, kept your cool and your sense of humor.
    Shut your dorito shoot! I like that one too.
    Wendark likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Once a client in line behind me told me I’m trying to do like they do in the US and that ‘She’ teaches her children not to follow what others do. I didn’t react (she had 4 kids with her) and pitied her ignorance.
    lecale and Wendark like this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendark View Post

I am the one who pumps the gas because the fumes make dh naseuous. I once had a woman at the next island loudly exclaim that it was rude for my husband to sit inside the vehicle and make me do the dirty work. I told her to mind her own fn business. I think she quickly realized that I was not sone meek little wench being made to do the work. My husband was killing himself laughing when I climbed back in.
    He He He
    Wendark likes this.

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

When I saw the title of this thread I couldn’t help but think of this quote ‘If you don’t have anything nice to say, tell me I think that stuff is funny’ LOL!!
    Jezebel and Wendark like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We all have had those times.!!!! I usually have the good fortune to shop with my daughter....who is quick tongued and sharp witted. She usually sets people in place. She usually tells people behind us that we might be longer than usual and they might get through quicker in another line. If they say nasty things, she has this really scary "dead eye fish stare, I call it", and if that doesn't work, she quietly lets them have it. I'm usually greatly amused by her remarks, "We warned you we were going to be awhile, what part of "we were going to be awhile" didn't you understand. "you are rolling your eyes and making strange noises, are you having a seizure....do you need help?(omg I almost pee'd myself when she said that one.)

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I would like shopping with your daughter
    traceywatson likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information