User Tag List

Page 66 of 240 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Like Tree4019Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Arthur B. McDonald, left, received the 2015 Nobel Prize in physics from King Carl Gustaf of Sweden in Stockholm on Thursday.

McDonald, a native of Sydney, N.S., and a retired professor from Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., was the co-winner in physics for his work on tiny particles known as neutrinos.

"It is wonderful to share it with many of my [Sudbury Neutrino Observatory] colleagues and their partners here in Stockholm and with hundreds more who contributed so much to our success, at Queen's and our other Canadian and international institutions."

McDonald and Japanese scientist Takaaki Kajita were cited for the discovery of neutrino oscillations and their contributions to experiments showing that neutrinos change identities.
    They determined that neutrinos have mass, which fundamentally changed the understanding of the laws of physics.

McDonald will split the Nobel Prize money — 8 million Swedish kronor or about $1.3 million Cdn — with Kajita.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...rize-1.3359065
    DaveP and Darth Penguin like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Con man, yes. Ever think he might be going for the 'long con'? Like maybe he never had any intention of winning anything and just wants to completely discredit the Republican party in the minds of normal people (swing voters and even many Republicans). Hey, he's a billionaire and he's bored.

WIth his ginormous ego who know eh? Is it all a ruse? If it is imagine how the other candidates must/will feel when this is over lol ?

When we went into this Bush was almost a shoe-in and now he barely shows up on the radar.

It is going to be a long year for them .
    DaveP likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    WIth his ginormous ego who know eh? Is it all a ruse? If it is imagine how the other candidates must/will feel when this is over lol ?

When we went into this Bush was almost a shoe-in and now he barely shows up on the radar.

It is going to be a long year for them .

When Netanyahu criticizes your remarks about Muslims...

Trump had planned to meet with Netanyahu December 28 in Israel, according to an Israeli government official, but shortly after the meeting was reported, Netanyahu's office condemned Trump's comments about Muslims.
    "Prime Minister Netanyahu rejects Donald Trump's recent remarks about Muslims," according to a statement issued by the prime minister's office.
    "The State of Israel respects all religions and strictly guarantees the rights of all its citizens. At the same time, Israel is fighting against militant Islam that targets Muslims, Christians and Jews alike and threatens the entire world," the statement said.
    Netanyahu came under fire from dozens of members of the Israeli parliament for planning to host the controversial GOP presidential front-runner. They called on the Prime Minister to cancel his meeting with the billionaire businessman.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Dec 11th, 2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Like it or not, here they come.
    We conservative types like Armenians. A lot.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A local armenian church is buying houses in the area for syrian christians...they mentioned the government has been incredibly unhelpful with their attempts to bring syrian christians
    Natalka and DaveP like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    A local armenian church is buying houses in the area for syrian christians...they mentioned the government has been incredibly unhelpful with their attempts to bring syrian christians
    Yes, this bunch of Armenian Syrians are privately sponsored and the process to get them here was underway long before the election. Trudeau made sure his picture was on the front page though. But our new government doesn't want to be seen as favoring Christians over Muslims (even though Christians are horribly persecuted over there now) so the government will be sponsoring muslims and muslims only, to show how impartial and enlightened and not Donald Trump they are. Yeah.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, this bunch of Armenian Syrians are privately sponsored and the process to get them here was underway long before the election. Trudeau made sure his picture was on the front page though. But our new government doesn't want to be seen as favoring Christians over Muslims (even though Christians are horribly persecuted over there now) so the government will be sponsoring muslims and muslims only, to show how impartial and enlightened and not Donald Trump they are. Yeah.
    The funny thing is, the Armenians I spoke to made it clear that they would make sure the refugees know that Trudeau didnt help them and made it harder for them to come.

These are the refugees coming to my area
    GoJays and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I meant btw was that the Armenian churches bringing these refugees are in Willowdale, where I live and are bringing the syrian christians to this area where they can be among their fellows.........

The Armenians in the area campaigned heavily for the conservatives by the way
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

There are somewhere around 2 million Syrian Christians and I'd be happy to welcome them all to Canada if here is where they wish to come. The 18 Jews left in Syria from a community that numbered tens of thousands just a few decades ago, I'd welcome them here too. Hindus and Buddhists and Sikhs, if your homeland is shattered I will welcome you here. None of you want to kill me because I'm an atheist, because I have different spiritual beliefs than you. That's a good neighbor. There are a lot of people who are not good neighbors over there - that's why the country is on fire. I don't want bad neighbors here.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Dec 12th, 2015 at 07:37 PM.
    gryphon and GoJays like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There are somewhere around 2 million Syrian Christians and I'd be happy to welcome them all to Canada if here is where they wish to come. The 18 Jews left in Syria from a community that numbered tens of thousands just a few decades ago, I'd welcome them here too. Hindus and Buddhists and Sikhs, if your homeland is shattered I will welcome you here. None of you want to kill me because I'm an atheist, because I have different spiritual beliefs than you. That's a good neighbor. There are a lot of people who are not good neighbors over there - that's why the country is on fire. I don't want bad neighbors here.
    None of them want to kill you because you are an atheist? Dave have you not been following the republican presidential campaign? I am sure some of them would be glad to see us hung from trees as blacks were not that long ago. The only difference is those muslim countries made is illegal and punishable by death but then again so is apostacy. An atheist can no more be president of the U.S. than we can be in any of those countries. Let's not pretend we are that much more civilized when it comes to religious differences.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It should be on the front page and if Harper were still PM he would be in that picture too. Trudeau did no once say he was responsible for bringing in these people, he said CANADA.

Let's be clear that it is not in the hands of the PM it is in the hands of the bloated bureaucracy that is government as in immigration Canada. The people who were in that department when Harper was PM are the same people who are there now.
    Midnightly likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Let's not pretend we are that much more civilized when it comes to religious differences.
    But we are Patty. Canada especially, but America too. Nobody in Canada has ever been angered by my religion or lack of religion. Nobody has ever asked. It's not important to them. I live my life, they live theirs. That's the way it should be.

But in the Middle east, North Africa and South Asia hundreds are dying every day, in the name of religion.

It's brutal, it's horrific and, yes, we are more civilized.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Swiss arrest two Syrians, probing possible Islamist ties

Two Syrian men were arrested in Geneva on Friday after traces of explosives were found in their car, Switzerland's attorney general said on Saturday, confirming media reports.
    Geneva's Le Temps newspaper reported on Thursday that one of the two occupants was a friend of Salah Abdeslam, the man wanted in connection with the Paris attacks on Nov. 13.
    "There will definitely be more arrests in the next few days because the police have an enormous amount of information. But it doesn't mean that each time we put our hand on someone that we have found a terrorist. We are just doing our job,

Page 66 of 240 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Thread Information