User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: U.S. Supreme Court ruling on "OBAMACARE"

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This July marks the 50th anniversary of Medicare in Saskatchewan. Because of the anniversary, there's been a lot of coverage here of the history and how it all came about - it was not an easy path.

http://www.civilization.ca/cmc/exhib...ic-5h02e.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatc...tors%27_Strike
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Don't the people who want to move to Canada know we have socialized medicine and have for decades.I guess not.
    And Gay Marriage. And French..
    anisa and Patty Smyth like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    Gov. Mitt Romney will definately campaign for the repeal and replacement of ObamaCare!
    What a difference 5 yrs makes....

For those who can't watch clips online, here's what the then-governor said in 2006: "With regards to the mandate, the individual responsibility program which I proposed, I was very pleased to see that the compromise from the two houses includes the personal responsibility principle. That is essential for bringing health care costs down for everyone and getting everybody the health insurance they deserve and need."

A year later, in 2007, Romney added that he hoped for "a nation that's taken a mandate approach."

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  545069_437179826302313_461331875_n.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  45.2 KB

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:33 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

right to be left alone? sheesh.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Name:  545069_437179826302313_461331875_n.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  45.2 KB

and it all comes down to that , the black man in the WHITE house
    anisa and Darth Penguin like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The New Hampshire license plate says "Live free or die", ok have it your way.
    anisa likes this.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband is American, and has been here for a year now on a visitor's visa. He LOVES Canada, but has some annoyances with the health care system, can't say I blame him! With me being in and out of the hospital since Feb, I can attest to it! The wait times are horrible, nurses are burning out. It's sad But -some- doctors are AWESOME! Not saying our health care is horrible, just saying there's certain things that need to be fixed, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the nurses burning out! These people are burning out hardcore and thus they start getting frustrated at work and taking it out on patients and co-workers. Hopefully the new Ontario Government will be helping with that after McDummy is out of power for Ontario. *sigh*

In any case, Hubby and I agree that Obamacare is actually very damaging right now, they are WAY too in debt to even think of trying to do something like this. Get out of debt first, then get the "Obamacare" thing going.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    A quote from a Fox News opinion piece, http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1z7FaWSeS

Today marks a sad day in the history of America. With this decision, Americans have lost the right to be left alone, which Justice William O. Douglas once called “the beginning of all freedom.”

Yep, sick, destitute, alone, FREEEEE!!!
    I haven't been following this closely but isn't it not free for those above a certain income level? They have to pay an insurer to cover them and if they choose not to they then are taxed at a higher rate, which is essentially a fine? And, if they were to become ill they'd have to pay for their care - so they're being charged twice (previously payed higher tax rate + medical bills). Do I have this right?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:34 PM.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    My husband is American, and has been here for a year now on a visitor's visa. He LOVES Canada, but has some annoyances with the health care system, can't say I blame him! With me being in and out of the hospital since Feb, I can attest to it!

{snip}

In any case, Hubby and I agree that Obamacare is actually very damaging right now, they are WAY too in debt to even think of trying to do something like this. Get out of debt first, then get the "Obamacare" thing going.
    I can't think of a single totally perfect health-care system. Sure, some are better than others and in many countries they are totally non-existant. As a society,we owe proper health-care to every-one, especially when it comes to preventative measures like mammograms and prostate exams.

I'm trying to find newer figures but in 2009 60% of personal bankruptcies in USA were due to overwhelming medical bills.

Medical bills are behind more than 60 percent of U.S. personal bankruptcies, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday in a report they said demonstrates that healthcare reform is on the wrong track.
    More than 75 percent of these bankrupt families had health insurance but still were overwhelmed by their medical debts, the team at Harvard Law School, Harvard Medical School and Ohio University reported in the American Journal of Medicine.
    "Unless you're Warren Buffett, your family is just one serious illness away from bankruptcy," Harvard's Dr. David Himmelstein, an advocate for a single-payer health insurance program for the United States, said in a statement.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Jun 28th, 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: speeling is not mt fiend tady

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    My husband is American, and has been here for a year now on a visitor's visa. He LOVES Canada, but has some annoyances with the health care system, can't say I blame him! With me being in and out of the hospital since Feb, I can attest to it! The wait times are horrible, nurses are burning out. It's sad But -some- doctors are AWESOME! Not saying our health care is horrible, just saying there's certain things that need to be fixed, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the nurses burning out! These people are burning out hardcore and thus they start getting frustrated at work and taking it out on patients and co-workers. Hopefully the new Ontario Government will be helping with that after McDummy is out of power for Ontario. *sigh*

Yes ours is not perfect but at least we can walk into any hospital anywhere and get treatment. My parents are both 87 and let me tell you they would not be alive if it were not for the great care they have received in our system. When you need it , the system works. You may have tp push and scream and bruise a few egos to get that service sometimes but it's essentially free.

My aunt worked as a nurse for 35 years in New York city hospital pediatric care. She tells the same story of burn out with health are workers.

As for being able to afford it , I would ask for those 30 million + not covered, can they afford NOT TO do it. Either we care about our citizens or we don't. It's like having kids, if you wait until you can afford it you will never have any.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

nurses are not burning out. where i am, they are very easy going and careless even.

healthcare is not a frivolity. it is a basic necessity. you don't wait to make it obligatory when the timing is more convenient. you make it obligatory, and then make it work.
    Last edited by anisa; Thu, Jun 28th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information