User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pregnant?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Ok, so I need some opinions. I'm having a mild freak out at the moment. Last Wednesday I was supposed to start my new pack of pills. I had an incredibly rotten day and it totally slipped my mind, which is very unusual for me. I should have taken the pill at supper time. That night I slept with BF. Woke up at 4am in a panic because I remembered that I hadn't taken my pill.

Taked to a pharmacist the next morning. He suggested the morning after pill which I took.

Fast forward a week. I've been very nauseous for three days now. Light headed. Exhausted even though I've been sleeping most of the day.

Despite the morning after pill, could I be pregnant? I know it's something like 89% effective. Would I even feel symptoms this early? I'm pretty terrified at the moment. I'm recently divorced and this is a new relationship. The relationship is fantastic, however, my mother doesn't agree. She has told me several times that she wants me out of her life because my marriage didn't work and now I'm seeing someone else. So you can only imagine how she would take news like this.

Just wondering if anyone has any opinion..should I be worried?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear that this is going on. I would guess that the chances that you're pregnant are pretty low. First, starting a pack of pills a single day late isn't ideal, but generally doesn't result in pregnancy, especially if you've been on the pill for a while and your body has gotten used to it. Second, ovulation normally occurs no earlier than 7 days after the start of your last menstrual period, but more normally 14-21 days after the last period. So, for you to be pregnant, you would have had to ovulate super duper early, the morning-after pill not worked, and for conception to have occurred after all that. It is technically a possibility, but I would think it's a very slim one.

I had a pregnancy scare as a teen, and I remember that even though the chances of pregnancy were very, very, very low because of the time in my cycle it was, etc., my brain freaked out and I started feeling queasy, getting headaches, etc... It could very well be that the queasiness is your stressed-out brain playing tricks on your body. Try to relax and remind yourself about all the precautions you've taken. I know that relaxing is much easier said than done, but please try not to stress yourself out. Only time will tell what's going on in your body, but I predict everything will come out okay. Take care, hun.
    erin9mmm and alicia like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks Glowworm. I have been under a lot of stress lately with everything that has been going on. So the added stress of thinking there could be a pregnancy could certainly be leading to some of these symptoms. I'm a worrier by nature so it's hard not to think about it. BF said he would get a test if it would ease my mind, but I know that's it's much too early for that. I guess I just need to try and stay calm Thanks for the response!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Ive forgotten to start a new pack by a day as well, or i forget to take one one day and then just take it with the next days. and since ive been on this pill for years, the chances of being able to get pregnant are slim to none.
    I wouldn't worry

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Glowworms answer is so accurate - Plus your body may just be reacting to the morning after pill as it is a large dose of hormones - It could just be your system working it out - I'm sure you'll feel better soon!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Would my body be reacting to the morning after pill a week later? I've never had to take that before so I'm not sure what to expect.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I think it can because it is like taking a full pack of birth control pills all in one shot. Just googled it for ya and it does say it can cause severe nausea so rest easy - it will pass! Soda crackers help with nausea.

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid...OOfN6QGAj-nLAg

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks, maybe the cause of the nausea!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Even if you got pregnant a week ago with your slip up... you wouldn't be able to test yet. You most likely wouldn't have any symptoms either. I have to admit, the dollar store test are quite accurate though for piece of mind

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I didn't think you would feel symptoms yet either, but after a little google search many women claim they felt things the next day. Who knows though. Hmm..dollar store tests. That's actually a pretty good idea!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    I didn't think you would feel symptoms yet either, but after a little google search many women claim they felt things the next day. Who knows though. Hmm..dollar store tests. That's actually a pretty good idea!
    I think the dollar store tests only work farther in. They aren't as 'advanced' as the newer ones. I wouldn't worry regardless (but I know saying that won't help, been there and NOTHING could calm me down).

I've taken plan b a few times, I never really reacted to it. Everyone's different!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Wel l guess I'll just have to wait two weeks and see. Should have my period two weeks from tomorrow. Going to be a long two weeks. Not really nauseous today but I'm having really bad cramping. Feels like the cramping I get on day one of my period. I thought maybe it could be an ulcer because of the stress I've been under the past few months, but according to online I would be having really severe pains in my stomach which I'm not having. Oh well, the waiting game continues...
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So as an update..the nausea turned to cramping, which turned into pain. It hurts when I press on my abdomen. Bloating as well. I went to the doctor this morning. He said perhaps an infection of some kind that's working through my system. He told me I could be pregnant, and that my last period could have been a false period. He sent me for bloodwork and I have to go back and see him tomorrow.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    So as an update..the nausea turned to cramping, which turned into pain. It hurts when I press on my abdomen. Bloating as well. I went to the doctor this morning. He said perhaps an infection of some kind that's working through my system. He told me I could be pregnant, and that my last period could have been a false period. He sent me for bloodwork and I have to go back and see him tomorrow.
    If you can't keep it off your mind, you should grab a dollar store test and just try it to see. I took one from the dollarama a few days before my missed period and it worked. The lines can be much fainter than the more expensive tests, but they do work.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've thought about it. I'm going to wait till tomorrow though when I see the doctor again and see what the blood work said.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information