• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Bronwen
  • 1 Post By marnwa

Thread: Is It just Me or Is It Really Hard To Find Full Time Work In Hamilton

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Was Going to add in title but didn't fit with Min Education I have been looking for years and feel like I am always hitting a brick wall. It just seems so hard to do or less if you have a brand new Diploma!!! I have lots of experiance keep shooting out resumes...Nothing! I am thinking of resorting to renting a billboard sign like that guy did in the US!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I wish I knew the answer to that question too. I don't know how people returning to college after a career or two get that first experience in a new field if they don't qualify for subsidized jobs like the 19-24 crowd can. People I know are trying to change career direction and that means returning to college but even with a diploma, jobs seem hard to get for them too. And money is not growing in their mailboxes...

It does not help to read of federal public service workers getting their payments for severance even though they are not losing their jobs-all because the workers have agreed to dropping such payments in the future. Where is that $2B coming from?
    KK7 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Was Going to add in title but didn't fit with Min Education I have been looking for years and feel like I am always hitting a brick wall. It just seems so hard to do or less if you have a brand new Diploma!!! I have lots of experiance keep shooting out resumes...Nothing! I am thinking of resorting to renting a billboard sign like that guy did in the US!!!!
    Brantford is the same. DH applied to over 100 jobs last summer and was stuck doing temp work until school started up again in Sept. The handful of interviews he got were all out of town jobs (Woodstock, etc) and they were not prepared to hire him on knowing that he would be unavailable come September. He could have been sneaky and omitted the fact that he's doing his Masters but we don't like to "roll" that way lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    KK7 likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

marnwa
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

St. catharines-Niagara area is the same in the job seach. Very few new full time jobs come up. The part time jobs are mostly seasonal, and pay on the low end of the pay scale. I feel for anyone looking and needing a job. I can only wish you luck.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I feel for anyone in Niagara Region that relies on public transit. There is some GO service to your area but what I know of transit between St. Catharines and Niagara Falls is that it does not go to all of the tourist destinations/accommodations so one is reliant on a car or someone to drive them there for the seasonal work.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information