User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By candy2apple

Thread: Trip to Calgary

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hello to everyone, we're coming to Calgary in August this year. During our stay we will be going to Calaway Park, Calgary Zoo and the Dino Museum. If anyone knows of any coupons for the Calgary Zoo we'd love to hear about it!

My daughter has a kidney disease called Nephrotic Syndrome so during our stay we have to make all her food from scratch (or find low sodium options). We're renting a vacation home so we can store/cook it all.

I need to find out what stores are in Calgary so I can plan my shopping to get the best deals on with or without coupons. Can anyone give me a list of the stores in Calgary? We're renting a car so I don't mind driving a bit further to get stuff at a great deal!
    I'm also wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much time we will need for the Zoo, Museum and Calaway park. Are these places that need a whole day or can they be done in a half day?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for places we should see when we're there? We'll have 4 full days + an evening to get things done

TIA!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

The zoo and Calaway Park can be done in an afternoon, but would be more enjoyable to spend the day. (Keep in mind Calaway is actually just outside the city). The Dinosaur museum is a day trip as it is in Drumheller (about 3 hours round trip. It also has a nice splash park if you need to stop and cool off!)

The zoo is really cheap with coupons, but day passes are a smoking deal on AirMiles if you have enough time. For Calaway, I have 50% 4 people Mon-thurs if you want it. Just let me know!

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Here is a link to some printable coupons. The zoo also offers a CAA membership discount, if you are a member.

http://www.calgaryattractions.com/coupons.html
    lucy16076 likes this.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

i have the Calgary Zoo coupons. Nothing wanted in return. Pm me and I will mail them out to you Mycupcake.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

As for stores we have Safeway, coop, superstore, no frills, Sobeys, t&t market,wal mart superstore, community health foods,
    You said you are renting do you know what area of the city as I can pinpoint stores close to there.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I just returned from Calgary with my family last week.
    We spent one afternoon, about 4 hours, strolling through the Calgary zoo. It's really neat actually & there is a lot too look at....the Penguin exhibit lineup might be a bit of a wait, but we waited maybe 20 minutes to get in & it was worth the wait. They have many outside paths to follow, many animals to see...some cages empty, but lots to take in regardless.
    We paid for a our entrance with Airmiles so essentially it was free admission. The food inside is a bit pricey, but ok...typical. Since you need to make your own this may not be an issue. Bring change it you'd like a drink from the outside vending machines...about $3 each.
    For Drumheller, we went to the Royal Tyrell museum & it was very neat! Lots to take in & is in a very unique setting!! We paid $30 for a family admission there. Like someone else said, it's a 2 1/2 hour...boring...drive.....very baron until you actually get into Drumheller where the landscape changes dramatically. We didnt' find any coupons for the Dino museum but it was reasonable to get in.
    The food in Calgary I found expensive, in comparison to my prices in Ontario. Not sure what they are like on Vancouver Island. Take your coupons with you & look for some while there! I did find a few...
    To give you an idea, a gallon (4ltr) jug of milk was almost $7 !! EEK! We pay about $5 for that in Ontario...
    Lots of great people on here to give you ideas/coupons & tips for frugal vacations! Enjoy!
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks Lucy, those are all really great tips!! And holy cow! Where did you buy that milk from? Was it from a Golden Cow?? hehehehe. Milk is about $4.59/4L here.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Ha ha my cupcake - A golden cow!!! Creamy milk that must be!! In Edmonton it goes from $4.59ish at Shoppers Drug Mart to about maybe 5.99 at a corner store!

Thread Information