User Tag List

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I use my credit card for all my day to day spending, and paying all my bills to reduce the amount of transactions that come out of my debit account. I am looking for a credit card that has a rewards program that I can redeem for giftcards.

I have researched the shoppers optimum mastercard and like the idea of getting more SDM points but have heard not so nice things about RBC. Last year I was going to apply for an American Express because I collect airmiles but after seeing how their rewards program has gone downhill this year I have decided not too.

I currently have the TD Gold Visa card but would like to open a no fee credit card that has a rewards program attatched to it. I have been looking at opening the BMO Club Sobeys Mastercard and would like some input from someone that actually has the card.
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We have one that we use for Sobey's only because we regularly use our PC MasterCard which is no fee also. PC stores are closer to us and Sobey's is so expensive unless you get a good sale.

Bonus offers can be loaded right on to your card which come through e mail if you sign up for it.

We have never had any problem with them. Just received a $50.00 credit as they had an offer of spending $250.00 each month during May & June and receive this credit. Went right on our statement so we payed $50.00 less.

I use all my FPC's at Sobey's if possible as you get points on your Club Sobey's card unlike SDM.

You can not use your points for GC's but I think you can with PC.

Anything else you want to know just let me know, mac.
    Last edited by macw1960; Fri, Jul 13th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Shoppers DEBIT card is with RBC but the SDM credit card is through MBNA.

I like the MBNA smart cash rewards card. I have a thread somewhere, where I compared different cards, let me find it...

edit: here it is http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/295325-...-cards-canada/

assuming you will always pay the card in full, and there are no annual fees, look at how much you have to spend in order to redeem for rewards.
    Last edited by Caliza; Fri, Jul 13th, 2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: add link

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Mastercard.aspx

Apparently the are NOT accepting **NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THE SDM OPTIMUM M/C**

Shoppers Optimum Credit Card

• Card Benefits Card Benefits
      Redeeming your points is quick, and easy - and your options are endless!

Just choose the items you want – and bring them to the cash. Your points are converted to a reward value and deducted from your purchase.

• Contact Us Contact Us
      Contact Customer Service

Get help with your account: 1.888.455.8679
      Hearing Impaired (TTY/TDD): 1.800.872.5758
      From outside Canada: 1.613.907.3533 (call collect)

Shoppers Optimum Program

Shoppers Optimum MasterCard

Thank you for your interest in the Shoppers Optimum MasterCard. At this, time we are not accepting any new applications for the credit card program. If you would like to be notified when new applications are being accepted please provide your email address below and Shoppers Drug Mart will notify you.

If you are an existing Shoppers Optimum MasterCard customer, you will continue to benefit from using the Shoppers Optimum MasterCard at Shoppers Drug Mart and everywhere else you shop.

If you are interested in getting Shoppers Optimum Points on Financial Products right now, we encourage you to learn about our new RBC Shoppers Optimum Banking Account and how you can get 50,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points by signing up and earn Shoppers Optimum Points everywhere you shop!

Click here for details

Please enter your e-mail address to be notified in the near future about the Shoppers Optimum MasterCard.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

alot of places don't take AMEX so I wouldn't go with them.
    I have a PC Mastercard & I don't care for thier points set up. It's also really hard to redeem them. you can't do it online & instore they don't know how. And some how my account said I redeemed points before I ever did
    I have RBC Rewards on my VISA & they are awesome. you go online, find what you want & they mail it to you. You have it within a couple weeks, no hassle.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Thread Information