User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MelSprag
  • 3 Post By super_e
  • 1 Post By ericaraina

Thread: USA couponing, where to start?

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

So my DD has a boyfriend and his mom is couponing but, in the US.

It really "piqué ma curiosité" so, where better ask my questions than here with you my couponing community.

First, is it worth it? Apparently she goes almost solely for the food. I was thinking to go to Platsburg. Any store to recommend? Also, are there American websites like this one where they compile coupon and rebate that any of you really like? Or printable coupons site?

I will of course do my homework but, I was wondering if any of you had experience with that.

I already printed the coupon policy of Target and Price Shopper and have the costums list of wich quantities of every food category I can bring back.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    Last edited by Wellan; Mon, Jul 23rd, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Personally i like Walmart ther best for groceries. I also like Aldi's. Kids clothes I always shop at walmart and kmart, amazing deals on clearance racks.Also check price chopper for specials.
    Wellan likes this.

Melanie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My experience has often been that a lot of the specials advertised at American grocery stores are for *member's only*. So pay very close attention when you're looking at a good deal, it may say in small writing that it's the price for members. Usually it's not a problem to become a member, you can sign up right then and there, even if you live out of country. But it's just one more card to carry around with you.
    Patty Smyth, Abby5 and Wellan like this.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super_e View Post
    My experience has often been that a lot of the specials advertised at American grocery stores are for *member's only*. So pay very close attention when you're looking at a good deal, it may say in small writing that it's the price for members. Usually it's not a problem to become a member, you can sign up right then and there, even if you live out of country. But it's just one more card to carry around with you.
    TY. I made myself a small USA coupon holder, went to www.krazycouponlady and printed my coupons. I'm going tomorrow. I will first take fidelity cards then shop according to the krazylady list.
    I should comeback with papermate ballpoint, Comet, Greek yougurt for free. And various other groceries for cheap. It's an experiment. We'll see.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I would definitely start with printing coupons. I just couponed in the US for the first time a few weeks ago. I made it my goal to hit as many super markets/pharmacies as possible to start my US collection. After a day, I had enough coupons to get over 100$ worth of free makeup. It wasn't too hard!!

I'm not a fan of most of the US coupons because most are "buy 2 get 1" or "buy 2 get .50 off"... not the best deals, but if you go to price chopper, sign up for their discount card. Its free, all you need is ID and it doesn't matter if you're canadian. It will reduce your bill by a ton! You'll see the price tickets say the price is different if you have the card.

Good luck!!
    Wellan likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Thread Information