User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: New Rewards System?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I got an answer on this

The reward system is coded but has not been added for two reasons:

Firstly, it was linked to the new like system but there is an inherent abuse there as members already 'like' their friends' posts even if the post just says thanks. It could be changed to thumbs up but people already complain when their reposts are merged and this will cause more issues if there is a reward for thumbs up and people want to be the first poster.

Secondly, between lower page-views and people using adblockers, ad revenue is down on the site. As mentioned in the other thread, Boo does not have plans to make SC paid subscription based so ads are its only real source of income. With the abuse possible under the system, it is not feasible to add the rewards system only to see it get as behind as the old one when the payments outweigh the revenue.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I got an answer on this

The reward system is coded but has not been added for two reasons:

Firstly, it was linked to the new like system but there is an inherent abuse there as members already 'like' their friends' posts even if the post just says thanks. It could be changed to thumbs up but people already complain when their reposts are merged and this will cause more issues if there is a reward for thumbs up and people want to be the first poster.

Secondly, between lower page-views and people using adblockers, ad revenue is down on the site. As mentioned in the other thread, Boo does not have plans to make SC paid subscription based so ads are its only real source of income. With the abuse possible under the system, it is not feasible to add the rewards system only to see it get as behind as the old one when the payments outweigh the revenue.
    Thanks for getting an answer from Boo, Fallen

It's too bad. A Rewards System could improve greater page-views, and also generate more traffic which would improve ad revenue.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It could, he just needs to find a way that it balances and isn't abused

He still does have plans to add it when possible
    K8's Fate likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Part 2 of the Rewards System is now in place:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/316353-...-cards-canada/
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So basically the new system is actually ready and it's awesome. But I'm really worried about releasing it because I don't want to go bankrupt

Also I keep getting messages from people saying they didn't get their rewards etc. So until this is 100% sorted out, I won't release a new rewards program. I want to make sure when it's released, it works correctly and smoothly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information