User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself! I go by the name "chococrazy" because well.. I love chocolate. But I could very well go by "IloveSDM" because I love Shoppers and their Optimum points program!!!!

Boo has invited myself and a fellow SDM shopper, Cyanne, to organize referral groupings. As you probably know, SDM often has referral events which encourage their customers to refer their friends and family for more bonus points. As we are all one happy smartcanucks.ca family - with a little organization from Cyanne and I we can all benefit from MORE Shoppers/Pharmaprix Optimum points!

TO SIGN UP:
    Currently we are asking those that wish to participate to sign up via email. The instructions are here:
    http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/sho...9&postcount=31. Note that you will be receiving a referral link at the address you email us from... make sure it's an address that you check at least once a day!

VERY IMPORTANT: you may have received an email from Shoppers announcing the event. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE EVENT ON YOUR OWN!!!! We promise we will make signup a breeze for you.

FAQ: http://www.cookiecrumbs.ca/sdm/

TUTORIAL OF SIGN UP PROCESS (to help you once you are sent your referral link): http://www.cookiecrumbs.ca/sdm/tut/

Event details:

"Register today for an exclusively online, two day event and you can earn more Shoppers Optimum Points that you've ever imagined! On Saturday April 5 or Sunday April 6, 2008, spend $20 or more* and receive 5000 Shoppers Optimum Points! Register and share the secret, you could collect up to 50,000 Bonus Points!"

Small print concerning the event:

*Points are issued according to the net pretax purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes prescriptions, products that contain codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), other Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points™, stamps, lottery tickets, event tickets, transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, Life Experiences® packages, pre-paid phone cards and Shoppers Home Health Care® locations. Offer applies to photofinishing services that are picked up and paid for on Saturday April 5 or Sunday April 6, 2008. Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers. A maximum of 5,000 points will be awarded to the registrant that shops and makes a purchase of $20 or more on Saturday April 5 or Sunday April 6, 2008. An additional 5,000 points will be awarded to the registrant for each direct referral that shops and makes a purchase of $20 or more on Saturday April 5 or Sunday April 6, 2008 to a maximum of 50,000 points for ten (10) direct referrals. A maximum of 55,000 points will be awarded per registrant. Both the registrant and referral must register online before shopping and spending $20 or more at Shoppers Drug Mart on Saturday April 5 or Sunday April 6, 2008 in order to receive the bonus points. The additional points will be awarded to the registrant's account by April 11, 2008.

Signing up as part of the referral groupings: maximum of 9,545 points
    Signing up on your own: 5,000 points

OK. What Cyanne and I have been doing on another forum is to have referral groupings.

SC member #1: becomes the group leader. Using their referral link, we register 10 additional SC members. There are now 11 members in the group.

Each person shops and spends $20 on either of the two days.

SC member #1 (aka group leader): gets 5,000 for shopping, plus a few days later gets 50,000 points because 10 people signed up under him and shopped.

Each of the members who signed up using the group leader's referral link: gets 5,000 for shopping. ONCE the group leader receives their 50,000 bonus points, they will transfer 4,545 points to each of their members.

I know people are asking WHY we would do it this way.. it's to minimize risk.

If you do it as a straight chain, and if the person doesn't shop underneath you, you are out of luck and will receive no bonus points!!!

Hopefully I've explained it clear enough. We will start signups sometime tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to post your questions on the thread; I realize this is a new concept, and it takes some time in getting used to it but it has been -highly- successful on another forum that we're on - hence Boo asking us to do it here!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Via Rail
    Last edited by chococrazy; Thu, Mar 27th, 2008 at 02:27 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Points are in! If everyone in your group shopped, you should be getting 4545 points shortly.. if anyone didn't, please say you're sorry so we can forgive you and everyone else can get their points

Groups:

Group 1:
    Group Leader: ACL--50,000 points earned out of 50,000!--Points have been distributed
    Members: spiritedside, BLISTEX, subversive, WandaJean,dwankrista, Scam-master, Wiseman, Bishi, TUCKERSMITH, TURKISHDELYTE

Group 2:
    Group Leader: TraCee--50,000 points earned out of 50,000!!!--Points have been distributed
    Members: Reyika_chan, mdutka, pennypincher, KEMS, baggypants, wannylim, jjsma, free4all, donaldaone, tam114
    hunterable and dou were bypassed since s/he did not respond within 24 hours.

Group 3
    Group Leader: Mistress--All registrations are complete! (But members did not email to confirm! )
    Non-bolded names have not confirmed they registered!!!
    Members:noseyrosey, AngeLLB, westcoastboii, Mar-za, writemewhenever, haluska, KellyMas, zczhang001, spanish, supermikeyjd

Group 4
    Group Leader: Catspajamas--50,000 points earned out of 50,000!--Points have been distributed
    Members: sussie40s, bearbear,, purityjamjams, PETERG, frugiedh, amethystkitty, BCMommy2, AGG, leaden

Group 5
    Group Leader: eri--50,000 points earned out of 50,000!!!--Points have been distributed
    Members: Members:buttercup, Shopaholic Beaver, ef4ervescent, Bebe604, Kristin, sunsetbeaches, caleigh, tinuviel, 99mallard, fanny4870

Group 6
    Group Leader: Kwankrista--50,000 points earned out of 50,000!!!--Points have been distributed
    Members: Empresskong, luckybird, ceebeec5, Rowless, manjeetpabla, BFAYA, lineboudreau, marsgirl, Suzu69, Lucillipop

Group 7
    Bilingual Group
    Group Leader: alajen-45,000 points earned out of 45,000!!!--Points have been distributed
    Members: Freedomz, Sarcasma, 1touqra3, CCBOY, bug, gcoak1, lc78, gychan, travelgeek, BEAUTYQUEEN

Group 8
    Group Leader Cyanne--Points have been distribued
    Members: dee, RSagoo, md99an, teehee, dou, claude, diane

Skipped: huterable, ladylady
    Made a mistake and did not contact admins: vlaine
    Last edited by Cyanne; Sun, Apr 13th, 2008 at 10:10 PM.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

aw crap already posted this in shopping deals and signed up for event already. does that mean i cant join?

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    aw crap already posted this in shopping deals and signed up for event already. does that mean i cant join?
    I'll send you a private message - we can work something out! Everyone else should not sign up on their own though.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This is the official Smart Canucks chain

Please follow chococrazy's instructions if you are interested in joining the chain.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

In order for this chain to work successfully chococrazy will need you guys to help her out. She may need some of you to give her login access to your SDM account. She will also need trustworthy group leaders. I am providing full guarantees that you can trust her.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I wish I could do this one!, Its a great deal.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In order for this chain to work successfully chococrazy will need you guys to help her out. She may need some of you to give her login access to your SDM account. She will also need trustworthy group leaders. I am providing full guarantees that you can trust her.
    Thanks Boo! The reason why we need access to some people's accounts:

If you are chosen as a 'group leader', we need access to your event page after you register to make sure that the counts go up.

If you are nervous about giving us this information, please decline on being a group leader if we ask you OR you can set up a password on your Optimum card account and then give your card number and password to us. Once we are done with your account we will let you know and you can change your password again.

ONE final thing: any questions please just post to the thread. I'm getting some PMs from people asking, but if you post to the thread I will respond right away and chances are someone else will have the same question!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this is so exciting, how do i join? how can i helP?

acl
    Female
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

How do you qualify to be chosen as a group leader? I would love to volunteer as a group leader. Let me know. Thanks!
    Enthusiasm is contagious. Be a carrier.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Since we're new to the forum and we're unfamiliar with you all.... we'll choose them based on need (we only need one group leader for each group of 10) AND try to gauge how active you are on SC (since we need to be able to trust the person to distribute the points to their group members).

ƃuılıǝɔ ǝɥʇ uo ƃuıɔuɐp Rockin' Kitty's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi Chococrazy. Welcome to SC!!!!

I'd be more than happy to help out in any way.
    I've rec'd over $1500 so far of Amazon.ca gift cards. All for free!
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/FarrahnsMom

gcoak1
    Count me in!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have a optimum card is that all you ned to join??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ladylady View Post
    I have a optimum card is that all you ned to join??
    Yes, that's all you need!!!

However, one thing to note: please make sure that you can log in and check your point balance! This is a good way to make sure you remember how to get in

The link is here:

http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/engli...nce/index.html

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information